I sent out this Loaded Taco Breakfast Casserole out to my newsletter subscribers last month, and it was a HUGE HIT! I often share exclusive and sneak peek recipes with my subscribers, so be sure to SIGN UP if you aren’t already on my list!
Recently I’ve realized that I love getting my workout in during the evening to finish off the day, and I’m now totally hooked on my Ninja Warrior training! I’ve loved this type of training since I first started about a year and a half ago, but recently I reallyyy, reallyyy started to LOVE it! There’s no greater feeling than working hard towards something, and then actually accomplishing it.
I train with the elites of this sport (including my amazing husband!), and I didn’t get to see their journey from when they first started out. Regardless of what it is, it can be easy to compare yourself to others, especially on social media, as you really only see highlights from other people’s lives.
In reality, comparing yourself to anyone else is only going to make you feel terrible. When you find yourself comparing your life to someone else’s, take a step back and realize just how much you’ve accomplished in your own life – cause I’m gonna guess that it’s more than you even realize! Over time, I’ve come to realize that everyone has to start somewhere, and it usually isn’t at the top. We just don’t always see the struggle, but putting in the effort into anything that you want truly does pay off!
I’ve also found that working out later means I wake up hungry! Easy breakfasts are my totally thing lately, and being able to simply heat up a delicious and healthy breakfast up in the morning is the best, so that I can get right to whatever it is that I need to do! This Loaded Taco Breakfast Casserole is so flavorful and a complete breakfast that you can easily take on the go!
Looking for more easy breakfast ideas? I’ve got you covered with even more easy and delicious recipes below!
Enjoy this recipe for my Loaded Taco Breakfast Casserole!
Loaded Taco Breakfast Casserole
Taco Spice Blend:
For the Casserole
- 1 medium sweet potato, or 3 small red potatoes, peeled and shredded, using either a box grater or the shredding attachment on your food processor
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, ghee, or grass-fed butter, plus more for greasing the casserole dish
- 1 pound ground beef (you could also sub approximately 2 cups of cooked & shredded chicken)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
Toppings (all optional):
- hot sauce
- chopped cilantro and/or green onion
- Place all of the taco spice blend ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8x8" baking dish with coconut oil, ghee or butter. Press the shredded potato into the bottom of the pan to create an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the dish cool for 10 minutes. Press the shredded potato down into the dish with the back of a spatula, to get rid of any air pockets.
- While the shredded potato is cooking, melt the coconut oil/ghee/butter in a medium-size pan over medium heat. Once melted, crumble the ground beef into the pan and sauté until cooked through. Add the bell pepper and sauté until soft, about 3-4 more minutes. Drain any fat from the pan. Add the taco spice blend to the pan and stir well to combine. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and coconut milk. Add the ground beef mixture and stir well to combine. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish, on top of the shredded potatoes.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!