I’m so excited to share my simple journal prompts with you today that I do every morning as a part of my journal routine, which I call my “morning three”!
I’ve journaled on and off for as long as I can remember, but this past year is the first time that I turned journaling into a real habit that I do daily, and I actually look forward to it! In the past, I would only journal when I was going through a tough time. Then, once that season of my life passed, journaling would go out the window.
Sound familiar? If this resonates, or you’ve never even cracked a journal open before, then I really think you’re going to love this new way of doing things!
What’s been really interesting to witness has been how much easier I move through life’s challenges now that I’ve been journaling consistently for over a year. Not only has this habit had such a positive impact on my life, but it also only takes a few minutes. I even got Mike into journaling daily over the past year as well!
In my mind, the most important thing about journaling is that it helps to get your thoughts and ideas out of your head and onto paper, where they will always make so much more sense.
Ready to dive into this?
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- My super simple, yet game-changing journal prompts for my “morning three”!
- Why it is critical to learn to release your thoughts from your mind and write them down, as well as how to do so
- Why being specific about what you’re grateful for makes all the difference
- How to adapt this practice to work for you during any season of your life
To recap what you learned, here are my “morning three” journal prompts:
- Write out your thoughts. Remember, getting your thoughts out of your mind and onto the page will have a huge impact on your life!
- Write out 5 things you’re grateful for. Be as specific as you can here (i.e., “I’m grateful that my husband brought me a cup of coffee this morning.” Instead of, “I’m grateful for my husband.” See the difference here?)
- Write out how you want to feel: Remember, it’s like choosing your outfit for the day!
Now, I’ve got a challenge for you! Try my “morning three” journal prompts for 14 days and see how your life changes. It only takes a few minutes, and it’s also a great dose of self-care. After all, what you focus on is what you create more of in your life!
I’d love to hear what you got out of this video and if you’re giving this challenge a go. Let me know in the comments below!
Ready to take even more action towards creating a life you love? Be sure to grab my free guide, where I’m sharing my top five tips for creating a better life, which truly leads to an extraordinary experience!
As you’ll often hear me say, creating a life you love is all about progress, never perfection. Just take this all one step at a time, really commit to each step, and watch your life begin to change in ways you may have never imagined!
I already have a morning journaling routine but I am definitely going to try the “morning 3” for the next 14 days to add some structure to my journaling. Thanks for this!
Team KB says
That’s awesome Melinda! Let us know how it works for you! 💕
Gio W. says
Thank you Kristen for making this video. As always great tips and information. I will definitely join in the challenge!! Here we go 14 days!!
Team KB says
Woohooooo! I hope you enjoy the challenge, Gio!