I’m so excited to share these Toasted S’mores Bars with you today, which are paleo-friendly and dairy-free, along with plenty of other options to fit any dietary needs!
We’ve got one really important debate going on. Are you on team burnt marshmallows, or team lightly toasted?
I’m 100% on team burnt. GIMME.
To me, nothing sounds more like the holidays than s’mores. Some might say hot cocoa is where it’s at, but I’ll always and forever prefer s’mores.
I have so many great memories of eating s’mores as a kid. Burnt marshmallows stuffed between graham crackers with melted chocolate. It doesn’t get much better, in my humble opinion.
I’m a HUGE believer that just because you’ve needed to or wanted to make healthier diet changes, doesn’t mean that you should ever feel like you’re missing out. As I wrote in my post all about how I found true freedom when it comes to food, if I feel like I “can’t” have something…then I immediately 1000% want that thing. It’s those simple shifts in the words that we say that make all the difference!
For example, I’ll never say that I “can’t” have s’mores. I just create other options! It could be using gluten-free graham crackers, some legit chocolate and marshmallows…or I could just take it up 10 notches, and have these toasted s’mores bars.
I’ll take these toasted s’mores bars any day! These are LEGIT so soooo good. My husband is hooked on them, and I can’t say I blame him!
When it comes to marshmallows, I’ve got lots of options for you. You can make your own following THIS recipe (they’re so easy, and my personal fave), or you can purchase paleo-friendly marshmallows, or use Dandy brand (better than most, although they’re a little stiffer than homemade), or you can simply use the marshmallow cream from my eBook, as it toasts amazingly well! You could also totally switch it up and use Smashmallows, which come in all sorts of fun flavors!
The only rules are the ones that you make, so do whatever works best for you!
Enjoy these Toasted S’mores Bars!
Toasted S'mores Bars (Paleo & Dairy-free)
For the Crust:
For the Chocolate Filling:
- Line a 8"x8" dish with parchment paper, cutting the corners to help the paper fit. This will help make the bars super easy to remove.
- Place all of the crust ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and combine until a dough is formed, using a fork.
- Place the dough into the parchment-lined pan and use your fingers to press it into an even crust. Place the pan into your refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Place the coconut milk into a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Once the coconut oil is hot (not boiling), slowly whisk in the gelatin, ¼ teaspoon at a time. Once all of the gelatin is added and the liquid is completely smooth, add the remaining filling ingredients. Whisk until the mixture is completely smooth. Turn off the heat and pour the filling mixture over the crust.
- Place the bars into to refrigerator for 4-5 hours, or overnight to set.
- When you're ready to serve, top with the marshmallows of your choice and use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows to your liking. Slice and ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER – Toasted S’mores Bars:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!