I’m definitely a summer girl and live for the warm months (although does California ever really get that cold??) and the fruit that summer gives us makes it even more perfect! I’ve been spending some much needed time at the beach lately with my husband and pups, and we’re heading back this weekend for a beach date with Arsy from Rubies & Radishes! You better believe I’ll be packing some delicious fruit for a picnic! Summer fruit eaten while at the beach? Yes, please! So pineapple may not be grown super locally to me, but I want to live in Hawaii, so that kinda sorta counts. Right? Just say yes.
Anywho, onto this recipe! I love cauliflower rice, it’s super easy to make, and it tastes nearly identical to white rice! Serve this to your non-paleo eating friends. They’ll love you for it and forever think cauliflower is wonderful, not just a boring, round vegetable that has no flavor. Plus, who doesn’t love pineapple?! Happy cooking!
Toasted Coconut Pineapple Cauliflower Rice
- 1 medium cauliflower
- ½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- sea salt, to taste
- You can “rice” the cauliflower two different ways – 1. Chop the cauliflower into small pieces and pulse in your food processor until it looks similar to rice in size. OR 2. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a box grater to grate the cauliflower.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the shredded coconut to the pan, and stir until the coconut starts to brown. It will burn quickly, so keep a close eye on it! Once the coconut is toasted to your liking, remove from the pan and place in a small bowl.
- Return the pan to the heat. Add the coconut oil, and once melted, add the cauliflower “rice.”
- Add the coconut milk to the pan and sauté for 8-10 minutes, or until the coconut milk has been fully absorbed and the rice is cooked to your liking. Add the pineapple and toasted coconut to the pan and stir well. Enjoy!