Super easy, one-pan meals, served in a bowl are basically my favorite, and with the extreme popularity of my Superhero Bowl, I set out to create a version that’s perfect for breakfast! This is a great dish to make ahead so you can have a quick breakfast on the go – and you can make a double batch so that you can enjoy it for multiple days!
I topped this Superhero Breakfast Bowl with my Chipotle Aioli, but you could also use the avocado cream sauce from the Superhero Bowl – or you can use any sauce that you love!
Enjoy this recipe for my Superhero Breakfast Bowl!
Superhero Breakfast Bowl
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium yam or sweet potato, chopped into 1 inch cubes (I used a Japanese yam)
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 4 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1 avocado, diced
For the Chipotle Aioli:
- 2/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 egg (preferably pasture-raised)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Place the bacon on a plate lined with paper towels, keeping the bacon fat in the pan. Crumble the bacon once it's cool enough to handle.
- Add the sweet potato/yam to the pan and cover with a lid. Cook for 6-7 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender. Cook for another 2-3 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are browned and crispy. Place the sweet potatoes into a clean bowl and set aside.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, let's make the chipotle aioli! Place all of the aioli ingredients into a tall container (I use a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup). Place an immersion blender at the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture starts to blend together and become thick, move the immersion blender towards the top, until it is well blended and thick. This should take less than a minute!
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Drain some of the fat from the pan, leaving 1 tablespoon to cook the eggs. Pour the eggs into the pan and as they begin to set use a spatula to push them away from the sides of the pan and fold them over, until cooked to your liking.
- Add the spinach, sweet potatoes and bacon to the pan and sauté until the spinach is cooked. Serve in bowls, season with salt and pepper and top with the chipotle aioli. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!
Leave a Reply