These Strawberry Shortcake Pudding Parfaits are INSANE. So good that you’re not gonna wanna share!
Strawberry season is the best season (IMO), and after picking up an entire flat of the most delicious strawberries at my farmers’ market a few weeks ago, I asked my husband, Mike, for some ideas to use them up. I’d already eaten a zillion of them, froze a bunch for smoothies, made many, many batches of my dairy-free strawberry milk, my strawberry basil salsa, and so I was ready for something new!
Mike asked for a strawberry pudding, and then thought of making it into a parfait, and I obviously had to add the shortcake…and that’s exactly how these Strawberry Shortcake Pudding Parfaits came to be. They turned out to be one of my favorite recipes that I’ve EVER created! That’s saying a lot from a girl who’s created hundreds of recipes!
These are the perfect dessert to make in advance, as you can make all of the ingredients ahead of time, and simply whip the pudding and coconut whipped cream right before assembling!
Of course you could make the strawberry pudding on it’s own, and it’s DELICIOUS that way…but making it into a parfait with grain-free shortcake takes it to a whole different place! These are perfect to make for your 4thof July barbecue…or to eat on your own. I don’t judge. 😉
Enjoy these Strawberry Shortcake Pudding Parfaits!
Strawberry Shortcake Pudding Parfaits
For The Strawberry Pudding:
For The Biscuits:
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries
To Make the Pudding:
- Place the strawberries, coconut milk, honey and vanilla into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium sized saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until the mixture is hot.
- Whisk in the gelatin ½ teaspoon at a time until fully dissolved. Pour the mixture into a bowl and let it set in your fridge for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- Right before serving, use a handheld or stand mixer (an immersion blender works too!) to whip the pudding on high, until it's light and fluffy, approximately 2 minutes.
To Make the Shortcake Biscuits:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all of the biscuit ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined. Drop 4 large spoonfuls of dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned and the biscuits bounce back when lightly touched. Let the shortcakes cool before serving.
To Make the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Scoop out the coconut cream from the top of the can, leaving the water. Add the vanilla and use a handheld or stand mixer (an immersion blender works, but not as well in my opinion) to whip the mixture on high speed, until it's light and fluffy.
To Assemble the Parfaits:
- Slice each shortcake into 4 long pieces. Place a layer of the pudding in the bottom of a glass, and then top with a layer of the coconut whipped cream. Place 2 of the shortcake pieces into the glass and then top with 2 tablespoons diced strawberries. Layer again with the pudding and then the coconut whipped cream. Repeat for all of the parfaits, top with the remaining strawberries and then place the remaining shortcake pieces into each glass. ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER – Strawberry Shortcake Pudding Parfait:
Disclaimer:This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!