To me, a salad is all about the dressing! The dressing makes or breaks the salad; it has to be really good! I especially love creamy dressings; little did I know how healthy they could actually be when you make them yourself! There’s this salad I used to get at a local fondue restaurant years ago that had a creamy poppyseed dressing, and it was my very favorite! Who knows what was in that dressing, but I decided to try making my own version, and it turned out SO good, way better than I even remember!
Homemade dressings are completely life changing, and they’re beyond easy to make. Just a few minutes and you have a healthy dressing! When I made this salad the second time I also added yellow nectarines, which was excellent! You can switch-up the fruit depending on what you like, it would be amazing with anything! The dressing is slightly sweet and tangy, and will keep in your fridge as long as your egg is good for. Enjoy!
Spinach & Berry Salad With Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
For the Salad:
- 10 cups spinach (I used a bag of organic spinach from Trader Joe's)
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Now let's make the simple dressing! Place the avocado oil, egg, mustard powder, lemon juice and salt in a tall container (I use a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup). Place an immersion blender at the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture starts to blend together and become thick, move the immersion blender towards the top, until it is well blended. This should take less than a minute! **If using a regular blender be sure to see the note below this recipe.
- Add the honey, apple cider vinegar & poppyseeds to the container and blend with the immersion blender again until well combined.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve up!
**FYI this recipe only works if you’re using an immersion blender. If you’re using a regular blender or vitamix, use the basic mayo recipe that can be found HERE. Then just add the salt, honey, apple cider vinegar and poppy seeds!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!