Gummies kinda make me laugh, because although I LOVE them, they remind me of the very thing I used to despise the most as a kid – hospital jello! Whenever I was in the hospital, I would be placed on a clear liquid diet (read – sugar, sugar and more sugar) and jello was the biggest staple in that “diet.” Every “meal” was the same, and consisted of broth (which was actually a bouillon cube. Gross), jello, Lipton tea (every kids dream!), and popsicles. I was also allowed to chew gum. Sounds exciting, yeah?!
That jello though. I couldn’t eat jello for years because of it! My spoon couldn’t pierce its neon green-ness. Back then, I didn’t realize legit jello actually existed. And legit jello is life changing! It’s like my days with jello came full circle, because these gummies are my very favorite treats, and gelatin is so healing for your gut! I love Vital Proteins Gelatin, as it comes from grassfed cows, and healthy cows = healthy you!
Unlike my hospital days, fake food dyes and other funky ingredients won’t be found anywhere near my gummies! I created these little guys after being inspired by my friend Adrienne, over at The Primal Nurse. Her Pear Compote is AMAZING!! I’d made a batch and had some leftover, so I added gelatin to make gummies. They were so good! I wanted some quick gummies the other night, and didn’t have any compote on hand, so I made my version on the stovetop in just 15 minutes! I used Asian pears (although any pears would work) and they turned out completely delicious!
I hope you love these as much as we do!
Spiced Pear Pie Gummies
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 9 cups pears, diced into ½ inch pieces (I used 3 large Asian pears)
- 5 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons gelatin
- Grease an 8"x 8" glass dish with the coconut oil.
- Puree 6 cups of the diced pears, dates, lemon juice, water, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in either a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Combine the blended pear mixture and remaining 3 cups of diced pears in a medium sized saucepan, over medium heat. Simmer for 15 minutes and then whisk in the gelatin, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the glass dish, and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours, or until set.
- Eat up!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!
I’ve been on a gummy kick lately and these sound fantastic! I love pears!
Same here! 🙂
You are so amazing. I admire your Spirit, your motivation, and your creative talents! I love you! <3
Thank you, Stacey! Love you too!