I love getting burrito bowls from Chipotle every once in awhile, but I also prefer to eat homemade food as much as possible – so I thought, why not recreate my favorite, only made healthier and super simple? Your slow cooker does all the work, and the dressing takes only a few minutes to make, this recipe really couldn’t get any easier! The dressing I use here is the same that I used for my guest post on stupideasypaleo.com, for my Tasty Taco Salad! The dressing is really what completes this meal, it’s SO good!
I made my burrito bowl as I would typically order it, with lettuce, pico de gallo, and avocado, adding my yummy dressing and plantain chips for crunch! Want to switch it up? You could easily make nachos using store bought plantain chips, or tacos using lettuce wraps, or the super easy and yummy tortillas from Stupid Easy Paleo! Happy cooking!
Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Slow Cooker
For the chicken:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (fresh or jarred)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the dressing:
- ⅔ cup avocado oil
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ½ teaspoon cilantro, minced
- Add all of the chicken ingredients to your slow cooker, and stir well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken with two forks.
- When you’re ready to eat, let’s make the simple dressing! Place the oil, egg, mustarpowder, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a tall container (I use a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup). Place an immersion blender at the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture starts to blend together and become thick, move the immersion blender towards the top, until it is well blended. This should take less than a minute! Stir in the cilantro and lime juice.
- Add any ingredients you’d like to your burrito bowl, top with the chicken and cilantro lime dressing. Enjoy!