Last week I received an awesome delivery at my front door from Sizzle Fish, and it was pretty much the best ever! Who wouldn’t want wild-caught seafood delivered right to their door, in convenient & perfectly portioned packaging? I received the Paleo Prime Plus from Sizzle Fish, and I highly recommend it! I’m making the scallops tonight 😉
I’ve been in a tropical mood lately. Partly because it’s been incredibly warm and gorgeous in California, and partly because I wish I were in Hawaii right now. For this recipe, I used the Sockeye Salmon from Sizzle Fish, and it turned out even better than I imagined!
I’ve recently learned that my favorite way to make fish is to bake it. It cooks perfectly every time! This recipe is so easy, and full of flavor! Seriously, it’ll take you 20 minutes from start to finish, and if you want to cut down on the time even more, just toss the barely chopped salsa ingredients in your food processor or blender, and pulse a few times to blend. So easy!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Happy cooking!
Simple Baked Salmon With Mango Pineapple Salsa
For the Salmon:
- 1 pound salmon, cut into 4 filets
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- salt & pepper
For the salsa:
- 2 cups fresh mango, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 avocado, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced into ½ inch pieces (approximately 1 bell pepper)
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet or dish with parchment paper.
- Pat the salmon dry. Place the salmon skin side down on the lined baking sheet. Rub the salmon with the ghee, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon 4-6 minutes, per ½ inch thickness. (My salmon was about ¾ inch thick and took exactly 8 minutes to fully cook).
- While the fish is baking, let's make the salsa! Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
This looks delicious! I have been looking for different ways to make salmon more than just blah! I can’t wait to try this!
Thanks so much! Hope you love it! 🙂