Broccolini ® happens to be one of my very favorite vegetables, but do you know how you can get even the least Broccolini loving person to gobble it up? Roast it with bacon and serve it with my delicious dairy-free cheese sauce! This Roasted Bacon Broccolini With “Cheese” Sauce is total heaven…I’d know since I ate nearly the entire tray in one sitting. 😉
I partnered up with one of my absolute favorite companies, Mann’s Fresh Vegetables, using their Broccolini, to bring you this recipe for my Roasted Bacon Broccolini With “Cheese” Sauce! Most of you already know how much of a huge fan I am of Mann’s Fresh Vegetables, as they make eating real food SO simple.
I absolutely love the veggie slaw blends (my favorite is the Power Blend!) and use them almost daily in my home. They’re especially helpful for my husband, who’s a firefighter, so that he can get super quick and easy vegetables in while he’s away at work.
Broccolini is a cross between Chinese kale and broccoli, and I particularly love that it’s slightly sweeter and milder than regular broccoli. Broccolini first became available in the United States in 1996, thanks to Mann’s Fresh Vegetables!
Growing up my mom would often serve vegetables with a cheese sauce that she made out of butter, flour, milk and cheese. It was soooo delicious, and it definitely got me to eat way more veggies! This is why I decided to create my own just-as-delicious dairy-free version so that anyone can enjoy it!
This Roasted Bacon Broccolini With “Cheese” Sauce is my new favorite way to enjoy Broccolini, and I hope you love it just as much as my husband and I do!
Be sure to check out all of the products from Mann’s Fresh Vegetables and find them in a store near you!
Looking for more delicious recipes using Mann’s Fresh Vegetables? Check out my recipes for Loaded Taco Fries, Cajun Spiced Butternut Squash Zig Zags, Powered Up Veggie Muffins & Loaded Veggie Burger Buns!
Enjoy this recipe for my Roasted Bacon Broccolini With “Cheese” Sauce!
Roasted Bacon Broccolini with "Cheese" Sauce (paleo + dairy-free!)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or ghee
- 2 6 ounce packages Mann's Fresh Vegetables Broccolini
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- Sea salt & black pepper
For the "Cheese" Sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked (see directions below)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the cashews in a clean bowl. Bring a small pot of water to a boil, and then pour the water over the cashews to soak. The cashews should be fully immersed in the water. Set aside to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Toss the broccolini with the avocado oil/ghee directly on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the chopped bacon on top.
- Roast the broccolini for 20-25 minutes, or until tender and the bacon is crisp.
- To make the "cheese" sauce, drain and rinse the cashews. Place the cashews, water and lemon juice into your blender and blend on high until smooth. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and blend once more until completely smooth.
- * A high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix ) works best for this, but other blenders will work, you'll just need to scrape down the sides of the blender often until the cashews are completely broken down.
- Drizzle the "cheese" sauce over the roasted broccolini and bacon, and ENJOY!
Disclaimer: This Roasted Bacon Broccolini With “Cheese” Sauce is a sponsored post on behalf of Mann’s Fresh Vegetables. All opinions on Living Loving Paleo are always 100% my own and I only ever work with companies that I absolutely love. My sponsors help to keep Living Loving Paleo up and running! This post also contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!
Leave a Reply