Can you even believe that 2017 is just a few days away?! Craziness! I hope it’s been a great year for you, but even if it hasn’t, know that things can turn around at any moment.
This year my husband, Mike, and I have created a ton of new traditions, focused on helping others and crushing our goals. Mike is starting a vlog on YouTube (video blog), which I’m so excited about (and honestly super excited to watch, because he’s incredibly entertaining!), and I have another huge project that I’ve already started myself!
One of the things I’ve learned is that going after your dreams is not always the easy way out, but it is SO worth it. I would always rather have an “oops” than a “what if.” Helping you to go after your own dreams and accomplish your goals, whether health related or not, is one of my biggest passions, and exactly what I am going to do in Invincible Inspiration!
One new tradition Mike and I started actually happened just this past week! We gathered with a community of our wonderful friends and family to bring Christmas to 3 families who were very much in need. This included 14 kids and 4 adults, all who are living in a 2-bedroom apartment. Five of the kids, who ranged from age 2 to 14, didn’t have either their mom or dad with them at the moment, which is something that’s hard for me to even imagine. Together, with our friends and family, we created a magical Christmas for these kids! Without a doubt, this was by far my favorite Christmas to date, and Mike and I will continue this tradition to help more and more families as the years go on. Giving doesn’t need to cost anything, as in reality, time is the most precious gift we have. To me, giving to others straight from my heart is what this holiday season is all about.
If you’re like me and felt like this year flew by super fast, I highly recommend looking back over your planner and you’ll be amazed at all that you’ve accomplished – I know I sure was! If you don’t have a planner yet, this is another reason so start one in 2017! My life basically revolves around my planner (I happen to use and LOVE Passion Planner) so it’s easy to see where I spent my time. I write out most everything that I do and when I do it. For some that can be a bit much, but for me, it’s a lifesaver to staying on track to accomplish my goals.
Speaking of the New Year, these Prosciutto Wrapped Pineapple Shrimp With Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce are crazy easy to make and SO DANG GOOD! This makes the perfect appetizer any time of year, but especially for New Year’s Eve, whether you’re going to a party, or celebrating quietly at home! Your friends and family will love you forever and ever if you make these for them.
Enjoy this recipe for my Prosciutto Wrapped Pineapple Shrimp With Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce!
Prosciutto Wrapped Pineapple Shrimp With Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
For the Shrimp:
- 20 large shrimp, peeled & deveined, tails attached
- 10 slices prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise (I used La Quercia brand)
- 20 bite-sized pieces of pineapple (approximately 1/3 cup)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. While holding a shrimp, place a piece of pineapple into the curve of the shrimp. Wrap the shrimp and pineapple with ½ slice of the prosciutto and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the shrimp on a baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the shrimp are firm and opaque.
- While the shrimp are cooking, let's make the sauce! Combine the tapioca starch with 2 teaspoons water and mix well to create a slurry. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk in the tapioca slurry and continue to simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Serve the shrimp with the warm sweet chili sauce and ENJOY!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!