Practical Paleo will always hold a special place in my heart, as the 1st edition was the very first book I ever received when I switched to a paleo-lifestyle, nearly 4 years ago. This book made such a powerful impact in my life, and it taught me that the key getting my health back would be thinking outside of the box, which is exactly what I do everyday now. With so many paleo books out on the market, it can be tough to even know where to begin, and Practical Paleo is the book that I always recommend as the best go-to resource, and now it’s updated to be even more incredible in the 2nd edition!
To say that changing my diet changed my life is a HUGE understatement. I am forever grateful to Diane Sanfilippo, the author of Practical Paleo, for putting her work out into this world so that so many of us can benefit. I had a total Oprah, “ah ha!” moment while I was reading through this book for the first time, as it opened my eyes to a whole new world, where healing through food isn’t only possible, but actually really simple. It was the first time I’d ever heard the term “leaky gut” and I started to understand how I could heal my own body.
If you have the 1st edition of Practical Paleo, you already know just how amazing it is! The 2nd edition is even better and loaded with 480 pages of incredible information and delicious recipes! It has 2 brand new chapters, 3 new meal plans and over 50 brand new recipes! This book is HUGE and BEAUTIFUL!
If you’re dealing with any sort of health issue, or just looking to stay healthy, then Practical Paleo is the book for you! Diane covers it all and gives you the low down of how you can get your health back on track.
Diane was kind enough to let me giveaway a copy of Practical Paleo 2nd Edition to one of you AND share a recipe from the book!
This Creamy Cauliflower Hummus is SO GOOD and super easy to make! You’ll never know that it’s made without legumes, and it’s a really great way to get in some extra veggies. I’ve been eating it all week with raw and also sautéed veggies and am for sure making another batch as soon as I run out!
To enter to WIN a copy of Practical Paleo 2nd Edition, simply leave a comment on this post telling me something that has changed your life for the better – it could be a book, a quote, a person, a pet…anything!
* This giveaway is open to US residents only. The winner will be chosen at random on Monday, December 12th at 12pm. Once the winner has been selected, you will have 48 hours to respond. If there is no response within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected. GOOD LUCK!
Enjoy this recipe for Diane’s Creamy Cauliflower Hummus from Practical Paleo Second Edition!
Creamy Cauliflower Hummus
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, steamed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste), raw or roasted
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon (reserve zest for garnish)
- pinch of ground cumin
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- pinch of paprika (for garnish), optional
- sliced vegetables of choice, for serving
- olives of choice, for serving
- In a food processor , combine the cauliflower, ¼ cup of the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, and cumin and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste, along with more tahini or olive oil if you like.
- Scoop the hummus into a serving dish and garnish with the reserved lemon zest, remaining tablespoon of olive oil, and paprika (if using).
- Serve with the sliced vegetables and olives.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!