Happy first day of fall!
This has been such a fun week so far, and I was featured on one of my favorite podcasts! It was such an honor to be a guest on my friend Steph Gaudreau’s podcast, Harder To Kill Radio! I’m so stoked to be able to share my story with all of you, and I’d love for you to have a listen! You can tune in HERE.
I’ll be sending out weekly updates through my newsletter, and if you sign up HERE, you can also download my free ebook!
As much as I LOVE summer, I also really love embracing each season for what it is. Let’s be real, California feels like summer 90% of the time anyway, which is why it’s my favorite. 😉 I really love fall squash, and now that spaghetti squash is making an appearance at my local farmers market, I knew I had to create a pasta dish with it! Feel free to add any toppings you’d like, and shredded chicken would also be delicious!
Paleo Pesto Prosciutto Pasta
For the Pasta:
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 ounces prosciutto, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
For the Pesto:
- 3 cups packed basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise. Place the squash face down on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes (cooking times depend on the size, I used a smaller squash for this recipe) until the skin is soft and the threads of the squash come out easily with a fork.
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking, let's make the quick pesto! Place all of the pesto ingredients into your food processor (or blender) and pulse until well combined. Set aside.
- Once the spaghetti squash is cooked, remove the threads of the squash with a fork, and place in a large bowl. Toss with the pesto, prosciutto, cherry tomatoes, red onion & pine nuts. Serve up!
NOTE: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!
Leave a Reply