Make sure to check the very bottom of this post for a chance to win your very own copy of Nourish!
I was so excited to come home from San Diego last week to find this stunning cookbook on my doorstep, from Rachael Bryant from the popular website, Meatified! If only this cookbook had been around when I did my own Autoimmune Protocol experiment! As someone who was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease at the age of 12, I’m so grateful to know that awareness is spreading for just how healing the autoimmune protocol diet can be. Food is incredibly powerful, and this cookbook makes it easy to heal your body with food that still tastes amazing. This book isn’t about losing weight, or any sort of fad diet, it’s about truly healing your body from the inside out.
Rachael starts out the book by talking about the huge increase in autoimmunity, an explanation of leaky gut, and great information on how to heal your body. Nourish is a fantastic resource, and has over 120 amazing recipes and absolutely gorgeous pictures. This book is perfect for anyone looking to heal their body naturally, with wholesome & delicious food!
This book makes the perfect gift for anyone! Click HERE to order on Amazon.
Now, onto the sneak peek recipe from Nourish! I made this dip the other day, and it was so good! I suggest making a double batch 😉
Creamy Artichoke Dip With Spinach
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) coconut or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup (45 g) diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (120 g) peeled summer squash
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (page 225)
- 6 ounces (170 g) drained jarred artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons (8 g) nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 6 ounces (170 g) package of frozen spinach, thawed
- SOFTEN: Add the oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Add the diced onion and garlic to the pan while you peel and chop the summer squash. Cut the summer squash into pieces that are the same size as the diced onion, then add to the pan and stir to coat with the oil. Cook until the squash is tender, stirring occasionally so the squash doesn't brown, about 10 minutes.
- BLEND: Transfer the softened vegetables to a blender and add the chicken broth. Gently squeeze the artichoke hearts to release any excess water before you weigh them out. Add the artichoke hearts, nutritional yeast and mace to the blender – process until you have a thick, smooth, "creamy" sauce.
- SIMMER: Pour the sauce back into the saucepan and return to the stove top at a low heat. Drain the spinach and squeeze out any excess water, then chop finely. Stir the frozen spinach into the sauce and simmer until the dip is warmed through. The dip probably won't need any additional salt because of the artichoke hearts, but taste now and add any extra salt if you wish. Serve the dip warm and enjoy. Try pairing it with Pita Wedges (page 222).
ENTER TO WIN A FREE COPY OF NOURISH!!
There are TWO mandatory steps to enter the giveaway –
- Sign up for my blog updates. Either signup HERE or at the top right of this page. If you already receive my newsletter, you’re good to go! I never, ever send spam, promise!
- Leave a comment on this post telling me why you want to win a copy of this cookbook! Be sure to enter your email address in the comment form so that I can contact you if you win.
A Few More Rules:
- Giveaway is open to US residents only
- The winner will be chosen at random on Friday, April 10th at 11:59pm PST.
- Once the winner has been selected, you will have 48 hours to respond. If there is no response within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blog, I may receive monetary compensation. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable.