My sauces eBook, Get Sauced, is FINISHED!! It will be available for sale in a printable PDF format sold on my website, as well as a Kindle version on Amazon. I’ll be sharing the exact release date on my blog very soon so stay tuned for that! To celebrate the release of my first eBook, I wanted to share one of my very favorite recipes for “Nacho Ordinary Nachos!” This recipe uses two of the delicious sauces from my ebook, and there’s also a version for a nut-free nacho “cheese” as well as an egg-free sour “cream” that you’ll only find in Get Sauced!
I’m so excited to share this eBook with you! Homemade sauces were a complete game changer for me, and made paleo not only easy, but totally fun and delicious! Get Sauced contains 33 insanely delicious sauce recipes (38 with the variations!) and I just know you’re going to love them!
These nachos are seriously SO. GOOD. They’re perfect anytime, and especially for the upcoming Super Bowl! As always, you’ll find me cheering for team snack 😉 Make a batch of these for your friends and family, they’ll never know they’re dairy-free! I love topping these nachos with the Organic Tomatillo & Roasted Yellow Chili Salsa from Trader Joe’s, but feel free to use any kind that you love. Guacamole and sliced black olives would be amazing as well!
Nacho Ordinary Nachos
For the Nachos:
For the Nacho Cheese:
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover them with water. Let them soak for 4-6 hours.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add them to your blender, along with all of the other ingredients, except for the diced chilies.
- Blend on high for 2-3 minutes, or until the nacho cheese is smooth and creamy. Add the green chilies to the blender and pulse a few times, just until combined.
To Make the Nachos:
- Set your oven to broil, and place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Spread the plantain chips on a baking sheet. Top with the ground beef and broil for 3-5 minutes, just to heat up the meat and slightly toast the chips.
- Remove the tray from the oven and top with the nacho cheese, salsa, avocado and sour cream!
- Eat up!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!