It’s suddenly sooooo cold lately! And by cold I clearly mean 65 degrees, because anything below that and we would go straight into hibernation here in California. We start breaking out our parkas and Uggs when it hits anything below 70 degrees. My dogs are just as bad, they just lay by the fire all day long, covered in blankets, and tucked into their comfy beds. I wish I were kidding about any of this, but it’s all true. Sad, but true. I could never hang if it snowed here all winter.
No matter what the temps are where you live, I’ve made the most delicious breakfast to warm you up! Stuffed sweet potatoes are one of my favorite meals to make! The options are endless, and they’re really great for taking on the go! Have you ever tried sweet potato and sage together? It’s the best combo ever!
These can easily be made ahead of time, just quickly scramble or poach some eggs while you heat them back up. You could also leave the eggs off to make them autoimmune protocol friendly! These loaded potatoes have so much flavor, I have a feeling you’ll love them!
Maple Pork & Sage Loaded Breakfast Potatoes
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Scrub your sweet potatoes and pierce the skin a few times with a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until they're easily pierced with a fork.
- While the potatoes are baking, heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Crumble the ground pork into the pan and sauté until cooked through. Drain any extra grease from the pan.
- Turn the heat to low and add the maple syrup, sage, rosemary and sea salt. Stir until well combined. Add the crumbled bacon and stir once more.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven once they're cooked through, cut open in the middle and stuff first with the scrambled eggs, then with the pork mixture. These are extra delicious topped with avocado and extra chopped sage! Enjoy!!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!
[…] Maple Pork and Sage Loaded Breakfast Potatoes by Living Loving Paleo […]