I’ve got an uhhhhmazing FREE recipe to share with you today for my Magical Minty Bars! I’ve had so many of you sign up for my brand new membership program, Invincible Inspiration, and I truly couldn’t thank you enough for your support! I’ve had a few questions regarding this new membership website, so I’ll clear them up here.
First off, nothing is changing for anyone who decides not to be a member – I’ll continue to share free content with you right here! Over the past 3 years I’ve shared over 160 completely FREE recipes, which you can find HERE, and I will continue to add new free recipes and content.
The support I receive from my members is what allows me to continue to do this work. I absolutely love what I do, and it’s a complete honor to be a small part of your lives, so thank you for being here. While the value of my membership program is an incredible deal, I made the conscience decision to keep the price of membership extremely low so that as many of you as possible are able to benefit.
My membership program, Invincible Inspiration, is simply MAJOR BONUS material, which is available for those that choose to sign up! I’m so stoked for everything that I have to share with my members in January and beyond, as it’s going to be a complete game changer for eating and sustaining a real food lifestyle!
Comment below with any questions you may have. Now, onto this recipe!
The fifth times a charm with these Magical Minty Bars! I debated scratching this recipe entirely after hours and hours of work on it, but if you know me, I’m not ever one to give up…so the testing continued! I actually set out to create peppermint patty cookies, but after the 4th time and only semi-decent cookies, I changed up the recipe completely and decided to create cookie bars. What came out of the oven was better than I could have even hoped for…the batter turned into the most delicious Magical Minty Bars ever, and they tasted just like legit brownies!
Brownies happen to be my favorite dessert ever… especially topped with vanilla ice cream! I haven’t had a legit brownie in nearly 4 years, so I was so stoked that this complete accident really worked out! Growing up, I remember my mom making brownies often, and it was SO HARD to stay away from the pan while they cooled from the oven! I often remember standing on my tiptoes as a kid, just to look at the sheet of brownies while they cooled.
You could also easily make these Magical Minty Bars into plain bars/brownies by omitting the peppermint extract. These would also make a great dessert to bring to a New Year’s Eve party this year! Simply cut them into small squares for the perfect bite-sized treat.
Enjoy this recipe for my Magical Minty Bars!
Magical Minty Bars
For the Brownies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13" dish with coconut oil, or line it with parchment paper. FYI, I've tried both ways and personally think they come out better using parchment paper, although it will take a little extra time to spread the batter.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the almond butter, honey, eggs, peppermint extract, and apple cider vinegar, using a spatula. In a separate small bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda & sea salt, using a fork. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients, and stir well with a spatula. I did this in 4 steps, adding ¼ of the dry ingredients each time.
- Place the batter into the greased or parchment lined baking dish and spread to create an even layer on top. The batter will be sticky, so I used two spatulas to help with this.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the brownies are completely set in the center and when you insert a knife around the edge, the edges easily pull away from the side of the dish/parchment paper.
- While the bars are baking, let's make the frosting! Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until completely smooth. Allow the bars to completely cool and then top with the frosting. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!