Growing up, I loooooved the standard layered taco dip that was served at pretty much every party or get together, and since I haven’t had it in years, I decided to re-create my own, healthier version! I came up with a Loaded Taco Dip, complete with the most delicious dairy-free sour cream!
I used the brand new Siete grain-free tortilla chips (they’re SO GOOD!) to serve this with, but plantain chips or even chopped veggies would be awesome as well! Recently I’ve been finding more and more healthier chip options, like the plantain chips I found the other day that are cooked in coconut oil!
Looking for more Superbowl appetizers? Check out my other recipes:
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Yam Fries with Jalapeño Ranch
Bacon Fat Deviled Eggs
Sticky Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Loaded Paleo Nachos
Prosciutto Wrapped Pesto Chicken Bites
Toasted Coconut Cashews
Loaded Chili Fries
Buffalo Deviled Eggs
Prosciutto Wrapped Pineapple Shrimp with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
Buffalo Chicken Tenders & Ranch Dressing
Enjoy this recipe for my Loaded Taco Dip!
Loaded Taco Dip
Taco Spice Blend:
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the Dairy-free Sour Cream:
- 1 cup whole, raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
For the Loaded Taco Dip:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 12 ounces salsa (I used Trader Joe's Organic Tomatillo & Roasted Yellow Chili Salsa)
- 1 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives, drained (approximately ¼ cup)
- 2 cups guacamole (homemade or store bought)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup green onion
- Siete Grain-free Tortilla Chips (available at most Whole Foods)
- Plantain Chips
- chopped veggies
- Place the cashews in a clean bowl. Bring a small pot of water to a boil, and then pour the water over the cashews to soak. The cashews should be fully immersed in the water. Set aside.
- Place all of the taco spice blend ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Once melted, crumble the ground beef into the pan and sauté until cooked through. Add the onion and bell pepper, and sauté until soft, about 3-4 more minutes. Drain any fat from the pan. Add the taco spice blend to the pan, and stir well to combine, cooking on low for a few more minutes.
- Once the meat is finished cooking, let it cool for a few minutes while you make the dairy-free sour cream! Drain and rinse the cashews. Place the cashews in your blender, along with the remaining dairy-free sour cream ingredients. Blend on high for 2 minutes, or until the sour cream is completely smooth.
- Pour the meat mixture into a 9x13" dish. Top the meat mixture with the salsa, then the guacamole, then the sour cream, and finally the cilantro, green onion and chives. Enjoy this dip with the grain-free chips I mentioned above, plantain chips or veggies!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!
Leave a Reply