Loaded pizza fries…does this really need an introduction? This basically combines two of my favorite things, and the results were amazingly DELICIOUS! So much so that I’m already making my second batch! You’ve got all of the flavors of a classic pizza, topped onto crispy fries! YUM.
Feel free to add any or all of the optional toppings (listed below) that you’d like, or you can come up with your own! I used Whole Foods brand of pizza sauce, as it doesn’t have any junk or added sugar in the ingredients.
I also used Japanese yams for the fries, since they’re my favorite, but you can easily substitute any potato you’d like – or even pre-made frozen French fries to cut down on a step! The options are truly endless when it comes to making these Loaded Pizza Fries!
Enjoy this recipe for my Loaded
Loaded Pizza Fries
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee, divided
- 2 medium sized yams (or sweet potatoes/white potatoes)
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 14 ounce jar pizza sauce (I used Whole Foods 365 brand)
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 ounces pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the yam/potato into fries, making them no more than ¼" thick. If they're any thicker, they'll steam from the inside, and your fries won't crisp up. Toss the fries and 1 tablespoon of the melted coconut oil/ghee directly on a baking sheet. Place the fries in a single layer, making sure that they aren't too close to one another (use 2 baking sheets, if needed). Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake the fries for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, carefully flip the fries and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until both sides are browned.
- While the fries are baking, let's make the pizza topping! Melt the remaining coconut oil/ghee in a medium sized pan over medium heat. Crumble the Italian sausage into the pan, and sauté until cooked through. Drain any fat from the pan, if needed. Add the mushrooms, garlic powder and onion powder to the pan and sauté until the mushrooms are soft, about 1-2 minutes. Add the pizza sauce and chopped spinach to the pan and stir well to combine.
- Once the fries are finished, use a spoon to top them with the pizza topping, and then the pepperoni. Broil the loaded pizza fries in your oven, just until the pepperoni begins to brown. Remove the fries from the oven and top with the fresh basil, salt, pepper, and any additional toppings of your choice. ENJOY!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!