Roasted vegetables are my absolute favorite way to eat veggies, I could easily eat an entire tray to myself! This Italian roasted veggie salad takes plain roasted veggies up a notch, as the flavors are so delicious together! I used Kite Hill dairy-free ricotta that I found at Whole Foods to make this, but you can easily leave it out if you’re not able to find it yourself, or use regular ricotta if you tolerate dairy. It’ll be delicious either way!
I used the Italian Vinaigrette from my eBook, Get Sauced, to create this recipe. Another delicious option would be to use my creamy Italian dressing (also in Get Sauced), it just totally depends on what you’re in the mood for!
I’m a big believer that eating simple foods should never be boring, and that it also shouldn’t be that difficult. Boiled chicken breast and steamed broccoli…I would last two whole seconds on that diet, so thankfully there’s much tastier options to eating real food 😉 This is exactly why I created my eBook, Get Sauced, as my husband and I eat really simple meals (think grilled/roasted meat and veggies) and we simply use homemade sauces to mix up the flavors! The dressing used in this Italian roasted veggie salad is what turns ordinary vegetables into a completely different and exciting dish!
It’s up to you if you’d like to serve this dish hot or cold, it’s awesome either way! I added leftover rotisserie chicken to this salad when I had it for lunch, and it was phenomenal!
Enjoy this recipe for my Italian roasted veggie salad! Happy cooking!
Italian Roasted Veggie Salad
Italian Roasted Veggie Salad
For the Roasted Veggies:
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into quarters and then cut into ½ inch wide pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced into quarters and then cut into ½ inch wide pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 10 ounces artichoke hearts, quartered (approximately 1 cup – I used frozen and defrosted, from Trader Joes)
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, sliced into quarters
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes
- sea salt and black pepper
For the Salad:
- 1/2 cup green or black olives (I used a mix of both)
- 1 batch Italian Vinaigrette or Creamy Italian Dressing from Get Sauced
- 4 ounces dairy-free ricotta cheese (I used Kite Hill brand)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Melt the ghee or coconut oil directly on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Divide the veggies between the baking sheets and toss in the oil. Season the veggies with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the veggies begin to brown, rotating the trays after 10 minutes.
- Remove the veggies from the oven and place them in a large bowl. Add the olives, and toss with the Italian Vinaigrette or Creamy Italian Dressing. Top with the ricotta cheese. Enjoy!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!