Missing takeout cashew chicken? I got you covered with this DELICIOUS and much healthier recipe for my Instant Pot Cashew Chicken!
Years ago, before I changed my diet and completely eliminated gluten, Chinese takeout cashew chicken used to be my FAVORITE. Chinese food was the one thing that I missed after changing my diet…until I discovered the magic of coconut aminos!
Coconut aminos tastes almost identical to soy sauce (it’s less salty, in my opinion – but that’s an easy fix), minus any of the soy or gluten! It was the absolute game changer for me, and the reason that I was able to enjoy Asian-inspired cuisine once again!
Today I’m so happy to finally get to share my EASY Instant Pot version of Cashew Chicken with you, which is just as delicious as the original that I remember, but made without any soy, gluten, or sugar!
Looking for more delicious Asian-inspired recipes? Be sure to check these out!
Enjoy this recipe for my Instant Pot Cashew Chicken!
Instant Pot Cashew Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
For The Sauce:
- Place the chicken and all of the sauce ingredients into your Instant Pot and stir well to combine. Seal the lid and select the 'Manual' mode on your Instant Pot and press the '-' button until the screen says 8 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, manually release the pressure. Remove the lid and add the bell pepper and mushrooms. Seal the lid again and select 'Manual' mode and press the '-' until the screen says 0 (zero) minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the arrowroot starch into the ¼ cup chicken broth, to create a slurry, making sure all clumps are dissolved. Set aside.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, manually release the pressure again and remove the lid. Turn the Instant Pot onto 'saute' mode and once simmering, pour in the arrowroot slurry, while stirring to prevent any lumps from forming.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the cashews and stir. Top with the green onion, toasted sesame seeds and season with salt & pepper, to taste. ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER – Instant Pot Cashew Chicken:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!