It doesn’t get much easier than this Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken! The Instant Pot is my bestie when life is extra crazy, and I need to get real food on the table FAST. If you haven’t yet purchased an Instant Pot, I highly recommend it – and keep an eye out for Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals on Amazon, as it’s typically deeply discounted around then!
This recipe for my Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken comes together with hardly any effort at all, and it’s guaranteed to be a favorite! Although this barbecue sauce is more on the sweet side, if you’re super sensitive to spice, you can always leave out the cayenne pepper. I love when you make my recipes your own!
Keeping meals super simple is how I manage to keep this lifestyle sustainable. You can even make just the shredded chicken and mix in whatever sauce you’d like! My chipotle aioli is a personal favorite and it’s the EASIEST to make. If you’re new to homemade sauces, you can check out a quick video of me making this sauce as well!
No Instant Pot? No problem! Simply cook the chicken in your slow cooker with 1 cup water/broth for 4-6 hours, and then follow the remaining instructions in the recipe.
Enjoy this Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken!
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (chicken breasts work as well, just note that they tend to dry out a bit)
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, butter or ghee
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (use any brand that you like - I used The New Primal barbecue sauce)
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place the broth or water and chicken into your Instant Pot. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper & garlic powder. Select 'Manual' mode and press the '-' until the screen says 8 minutes.
- Once your Instant Pot has finished cooking, manually release the pressure.
- If you're using the onion: heat a medium-sized pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the cooking fat of your choice and then sauté the onion until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from your Instant Pot, using a slotted spoon, keeping the liquid in the pot. Add the chicken to the hot pan. Drizzle the barbecue sauce on top and stir well to combine. ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER – Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!
Leave a Reply