This hash brown breakfast casserole is a mixture of bacon, ground pork, potatoes and eggs, all baked to golden brown perfection. An easy, hearty, nutritious breakfast dish that’s perfect for holiday brunches or any occasion! Paleo and Whole30 friendly too!
So many of you have asked for make ahead and super quick breakfast ideas, so I’m bringing you just that with this Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole. Last week, I shared my Loaded Taco Breakfast Casserole with my newsletter subscribers, which has already been a HUGE hit! I often share recipes with my subscribers long before they end up on my website, so if you aren’t already on my list, be sure to SIGN UP!
Both hash browns and eggs are breakfast staples. And when you combine them with bacon and ground pork, they get even better! This hash brown breakfast casserole is quick and easy to throw together and it always gets rave reviews! I love to meal prep it on Sunday and then I have a ready-to-go breakfast pre-made in my fridge.
My most productive hours are early in the morning, so I love getting right to work and simply heating up breakfast without needing to do any work. Or I just eat it cold, like I often do…either way works. 😉
How Do You Make Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole?
Start this recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8” baking dish with coconut oil, ghee or butter. Now, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon until it’s crispy and then place the bacon on a plate lined with paper towels, leaving the grease in the skillet. Add the hash browns to the skillet and cook until they begin to brown, about 4-5 minutes. Flip the hash browns in batches and cook the other side until browned. Place the hash browns into the greased baking dish, pressing them into the dish with your spatula, to create an even layer.
Next, crumble the ground pork in the skillet and sauté until cooked through. Drain any fat from the pan. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Crumble the bacon once it’s cool enough to handle.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, sea salt & pepper. Add the sausage and bacon and stir well to combine. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish, on top of the shredded potatoes.
Bake the casserole for 40-50 minutes, or until it is set in the middle (you’ll know it’s set when you gently shake the dish and the middle of the casserole doesn’t move). Cut into slices and top with any favorite toppings.
Hash Brown Casserole Tips
- To meal prep this dish, prepare the recipe as directed, then store the casserole in the refrigerator covered with foil until you’re ready to bake it. You can assemble your casserole up to 6 hours before to plan to bake it.
- I topped this casserole with my Chipotle Aioli (which is shown in these images), and then the next day I had it with salsa, and then my Barbecue Sauce after that! I purposefully kept the flavor of this Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole really simple, yet delicious, so that you can easily switch up the sauce to completely change the flavor.
- To feed a crowd, double the recipe and bake it in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Feel free to add some greens or veggies into this casserole! The beauty of this casserole, is it’s super easy to change it up!
How Do You Reheat Hash Brown Casserole?
Leftovers reheat very well! Simply cover the dish with foil and place it in the oven at 325 degrees F. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the casserole is heated through.
This hash brown casserole is really perfect for any occasion. It’s great to make ahead for the week and is such a welcome addition to any brunch menu, especially around the holidays. There are so many different ways to make this casserole your own that you’ll never be bored. This recipe is a major crowd pleaser!
Looking for more insanely easy & delicious make ahead breakfast ideas? Check out my other recipes:
Buffalo Chicken Breakfast Casserole (one of my most popular recipes!)
I hope you enjoy this breakfast casserole recipe as much as I did! If you give this recipe a try, be sure to comment below and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, I would love to see your creations on Instagram. Be sure to tag me @livinglovingpaleo!
Enjoy this recipe for my Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole!
Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole with Sausage & Bacon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8x8" baking dish with coconut oil, ghee or butter.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crispy and then place the bacon on a plate lined with paper towels, leaving the grease in the pan. Add the hash browns to the pan and cook until they begin to brown, about 4-5 minutes. Flip the hash brown in batches and cook the other side until browned. Place the hash browns into the greased baking dish, pressing them into the dish with your spatula, to create an even layer.
- Crumble the ground pork into the pan and sauté until cooked through. Drain any fat from the pan. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Crumble the bacon once it's cool enough to handle.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, sea salt & pepper. Add the sausage and bacon and stir well to combine. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish, on top of the shredded potatoes.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the casserole is set in the middle (you'll know it's set when you gently shake the dish and the middle of the casserole doesn't move). Cut into slices, top with any of the toppings listed above and ENJOY!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!