If you didn’t already know, fajitas are my FAVORITE! I could eat them everyday and never, everrr get tired of it. It’s also kinda wild that I haven’t created my own grilled fajita recipe just yet…so of course I had to create this recipe for my Grilled Chicken + Steak Fajitas for you today!
I loooove to cook. I also used to be the WORST cook. I remember years ago (maybe 10?!) my sister and I whipped up fajitas for my dad for Father’s Day…although “whipped up” maybe isn’t the best words to use for what this actually was. It took us HOURS to put this simple meal together, AND we were making the marinade straight from a packet of pre-made spices. My husband and I still laugh about it. Safe to say I’ve come a LONG way, haha. If there’s hope for me, there’s hope for anyone!
With Cinco de Mayo and Memorial Day right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to plan a barbecue get together with friends! May always marks the start of grilling season for me, and I love being able to grab everything that I needed at Whole Foods Market 365 to make these Grilled Chicken + Steak Fajitas!
Lately my business schedule has been extra packed, so I’ve been delegating absolutely anything that I can. That even goes for purchasing pre-made guacamole and Pico de Gallo from Whole Foods Market 365. They have the BEST pre-made guac and Pico! I’m currently obsessed with their mango Pico and have been putting it on everything. Put the guac and Pico in a bowl and nobody will even know that you didn’t make them yourself. 😉
Here’s some of my favorites for grilling season, which you can grab at any Whole Foods Market 365:
- Skirt steak (what I used for this recipe!)
- 365-branded marinated boneless chicken breasts (the pollo asada is my fave!)
- New York strip steaks (try grilling sliced potatoes wrapped in foil to go with these steaks– so good!)
- New Zealand rack of lamb (make my chimichurri to go along with this!)
- 85% lean ground beef (did someone say burgers?!)
- Marinated and plain pork tenderloins
- Air-chilled split chicken breast (what I used for this recipe!)
- Boneless beef sirloin steaks
- Baby back pork ribs (you’ve gotta make my BBQ sauce to go with these!)
- St. Louis ribs
- All beef and chicken kabobs (they did the work for you = EASIEST)
- Garden of Eatin and Frontera salsas (perfect with Siete grain-free tortilla chips, or sliced cucumbers for dipping!)
- Fresh-packed 365 mango Pico, 365 Pico de Gallo, 365 guacamole (I loooove these and used them for this recipe!)
- Strawberries, all melons, blueberries, apricots, nectarines (fruit salad or grilled fruit kabobs. YUM.)
Grilling used to super intimidate me. I imagined myself catching everything on fire (don’t worry, I’ve most definitely done that – it happens to the best of us) and burning my house down (whew, haven’t done that). It turns out that grilling up a meal is the EASIEST! It’s now my favorite method of cooking. Not only is the flavor amazing, but also there’s also no large dishes to wash. Yesssss.
I took a lil extra time to break down approximately how long each piece of this meal should grill for. Of course every grill is gonna be different, but if you’re feeling intimidated, I encourage you to grab a meat thermometer and just give it a try. I hope the guide helps!
I love using Siete coconut tortillas as the shell for these grilled chicken + steak fajitas (lettuce wrap or just a fork works great too!) and then loading them up with Whole Foods Market 365 guacamole, Pico de Gallo, mango Pico, the dairy-free sour cream from my eBook, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Enjoy this recipe for my Grilled Chicken + Steak Fajitas!
Grilled Chicken + Steak Fajitas
For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (any light tasting oil will work)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (approximately 2 medium limes)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (zest from approximately 2 medium limes)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the Fajitas:
- Place the marinade ingredients into a bowl and whisk until combined. Reserve ¼ cup.
- Place the remaining marinade ingredients into a Ziploc bag or ceramic/glass bowl. Add the steak and chicken and toss to coat. Place the meat into your refrigerator to marinade for 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Toss the onion, peppers and jalapeno with the ¼ cup reserved marinade.
- Place the steak, chicken (bone side down) and veggies on the grill. Cover and cook.
- Flip the steak after 4 minutes, the chicken after 12 minutes, and the veggies once they begin to char (approximately 3-4 minutes). Continue to cook the steak until the internal temperature reaches 115-120 degrees (this took me about 4 minutes on each side), and the chicken until it reaches 165 degrees (this took me a total of 17 minutes) and the veggies are nicely charred.
- Remove the steak, chicken and veggies from the grill and let the meat rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steak against the grain and slice the chicken away from the bones. Slice the onion, bell pepper and jalapenos. Load up your fajitas with Pico de Gallo, guacamole, dairy-free sour cream, cilantro, a squeeze of fresh lime, and even Siete grain-free tortillas, if you'd like! ENJOY!
Disclaimer: This Grilled Chicken + Steak Fajitas recipe is a sponsored post on behalf of Whole Foods Market 365. All opinions on Living Loving Paleo are always 100% my own and I only ever work with companies that I absolutely love. This post also contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!