You asked, we listened! Today, we’re taking a fridge tour! We’ll be sharing what foods and drinks we like to keep in our fridge and freezer to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Hopefully, this glimpse into our fridge will give you ideas of foods that you can stock in your own fridge to make living a healthy lifestyle more sustainable for you!
Keeping simple staples on hand makes healthy eating so much easier. We stick to some of our favorite ingredients and then reach for them all week long to make simple, tasty, nutritious meals. Watch our newest YouTube video to see some of our go-to items.
You can then scroll down to see the ingredients we typically always have in our fridge. There are so many different meals and snacks that can be made at a moment’s notice when you have a well-stocked fridge and freezer.
What’s In Our Fridge
Having a well stocked fridge and freezer helps making creating wholesome meals easier than ever. These lists do not include every single thing in our fridge or freezer, but it’s a pretty good look at foods we typically keep available.
These long-lasting items are staples in our fridge. Listed below are some of our favorite ingredients that we reach for all week long to make super simple, delicious, nutritious meals.
- Butter: we love Kerrygold butter
- Sauces: These really help to jazz up any meal! Our favorite is my Chipotle Aioli and we also keep Dijon mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, and buffalo sauce on hand.
- Dips: salsa, hummus, guacamole
- Leftovers: Having prepared protein, rice, salads and more prepped makes nutritious meals a breeze!
- Meat: grass-fed sausage, hot dogs, bacon
- Veggies: For convenience, we like to keep precut veggies ready-to-go.
- Drinks: kombucha, cold brew coffee, milk
Stock up on fruits and veggies to quickly whip up smoothies (like my iced matcha latte), soups, stews or a weeknight stir fry with very little effort. Buy frozen meat and fish, then thaw in the fridge for 24 hours before you want to use it. Reheat bagels and breads for 20 seconds in your toaster or toaster oven.
- Vegetables: spinach, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, potatoes, corn, edamame, peas
- Fruit: raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, mango, banana slices
- Meat: grass-fed beef, pasture-raised organic chicken, heritage breed pork (from Butcher Box & Belcampo)
- Bread: tortillas, bagels, English muffins, baguettes and sliced bread
- Sweet treats: ice cream, popsicles
- Other convenient meal options: veggie burgers, Daily Harvest flatbreads, potstickers
Hope that this fridge tour is helpful! Feel free to use these lists as a guide for a healthy, well-stocked fridge. Personalize and adjust according to your diet restrictions and preferences.