In this new post I partnered with my friends at Whole Foods Market 365 to bring you my guide for building an epic gluten-free charcuterie board, with delicious dairy-free options, plus my simple guide for holiday entertaining and shopping!
Over this past year, my husband and I have been working on remodeling our entire home, and now that the downstairs is almost finished, we’ve been having friends and family over to entertain, in what feels like a new home! One of my very FAVORITE things to do is cook for my family and friends, as food is my love language.
This was my first year cooking our entire Thanksgiving feast at home, which turned out uhhhmazing, and inspired me to have more holiday dinner parties. I know that it can feel overwhelming to entertain a crowd, especially during the holidays, but I promise that doesn’t have to be the case! Here’s my guide for keeping it simple and stress-free.
If I’m entertaining at home, I love creating an epic gluten-free charcuterie board for our guests to enjoy with a glass of wine, while I finish cooking.
This is my number one holiday entertaining tip…because, who doesn’t love charcuterie and cheese?!
As I’ve also found – as long as guests have a snack to enjoy, literally nobody will care when the main meal is finished, which takes the pressure off of the cook!
When it comes to holiday shopping, I’m ALL about planning out the recipes that I’m going to make, and then creating my shopping list from there. I go through each recipe, making sure I either have each ingredient already on hand, or I add it to my list. I also typically go shopping a couple days before we have guests over, that way I’m not running around super last minute.
One of the things that I love the most about Whole Foods Market 365 is how EASY they make it for me to grab everything that I need, all in one place, and all for an incredible value. The quality of the food that I eat and serve to my guests is so important to me, and Whole Foods Market 365 always meets my high standards. You’ll save even more with their Amazon Prime Deals, where members save an extra 10% off of items with yellow sale signs, which are found all over the store. It’s pretty much the BEST.
I picked up everything that I needed to create this epic gluten-free charcuterie board at Whole Foods Market 365. To me, an epic gluten-free charcuterie board is made up of these essentials: cheese, meat, veggies, fruit, jam or preserves & something with crunch (think crackers, nuts, seeds, etc).
Below you’ll find my quick tips so that you can create the ultimate charcuterie board yourself. These are SO fun to put together, can be made in advance, and they’re super easy to cater to any special dietary needs – paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, keto…I got you.
The charcuterie board that I created for this post is already gluten-free, but if you’d like to make it totally dairy-free/paleo/keto as well, here’s all you’ve gotta do:
Dairy-free/Paleo-friendly: simply replace the cheese with Miyoko’s or Kite Hill. Both are my favorite dairy-free brands (which you’ll truly never know are dairy-free!) and can be found at Whole Foods Market 365.
Keto-friendly: simply leave off the crackers and fruit on this board, and you’re good to go!
The amount of guests determines the size of board that I’ll make, however, I’m a big believer that you can never have too much. Leftover charcuterie boards are never a bad idea for snacks the following day!
Below is a list of my favorite ingredients that I used to make up this charcuterie board, and a guide for how I put this together. The options are truly endless when it comes to building your own charcuterie board, and feel free to use any of your own faves!
Most importantly, get creative and have fun with it! There are no rules!
Happy holiday entertaining!
HOW TO CREATE AN EPIC GLUTEN-FREE CHARCUTERIE BOARD:
Epic Gluten-free Charcuterie Board & Holiday Entertaining
- CHEESE: Cypress Grove Midnight Moon Goat Gouda, Cypress Grove Humbolt Fog, Drunken, Woolwich Goat Goat Brie, Grafton Village Raw Truffle Cheddar, & Miyoko's Classic Chive Cheese Wheel (dairy-free).
- MEAT: La Quercia Proscuitto, Natural Issima Chorizo, Gusto Calabrese Spicy Salame, Gusto Napoli Applewood-Smoked Salame, Wellshire Uncured Pepperoni, Applegate Organics Grass-Fed Roast Beef
- VEGGIES: Castelvetrano Olives, Kalamata Olives, Sweety Drop Mini Peppers
- FRUIT: Pear, Pomegranate Seeds, Grapes
- CRUNCH: Pistachios, Almonds, Simple Mills Sea Salt Crackers, Simple Mills Jalapeño Crackers, Mary's Gone Crackers Herb Cracker's
- JAMS/PRESERVES: Cherry Preserves
- Begin by arranging the cheese on the board. I prefer spreading out each cheese onto different sections so that they aren't grouped too closely together.
- Next, arrange the meat onto the board. I do the same as with the cheese and spread each meat option out.
- Spread out the pear, grapes, olives, and mini peppers onto the board, saving the pomegranate seeds for last.
- Spread the crackers out onto the board.
- Either keep the jam/preserves in their original container, or add to a small jar/bowl of your own and add that to the board as well.
- Lastly, fill in any open spaces on the board with the pomegranate seeds, pistachios and almonds. Ta da! You've just made yourself an epic charcuterie board!
PIN IT FOR LATER – How to Create an Epic Gluten-Free Charcuterie Board:
Disclaimer: This Epic Gluten-free Charcuterie Board & Holiday Entertaining is a sponsored post on behalf of Whole Foods Market 365. All opinions on Living Loving Paleo are always 100% my own and I only ever work with companies that I absolutely love. My sponsors help to keep Living Loving Paleo up and running!