I’d originally planned to make this Easy Stovetop Bolognese in my Instant Pot, but after making it a couple times, not only did I realize that it’s not any easier to make in an Instant Pot, but it actually tastes much more flavorful when it’s made on the stovetop. As much as I love my Instant Pot, sometimes it’s just not the right guy for the job!
I loooooove a good Bolognese, and not only is my stovetop version completely delicious, but it’s incredibly easy to make! I love serving this with zoodles (as shown in these pictures), spaghetti squash, roasted veggies, or even Cappellos grain-free fettuccine!
I also think the leftovers of this Easy Stovetop Bolognese taste even better the next day, so making a double batch is definitely a great idea! If you know me, that’s the key to how I make this lifestyle sustainable without spending all day, everyday in my kitchen – I always make a double batch of everything!
If slow cooking is more your style, check out my incredibly easy Slow Cooker Bolognese!
Enjoy this recipe for my Easy Stovetop Bolognese!
Easy Stovetop Bolognese
- 1 tablespoon ghee, coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped basil (optional)
- Melt the ghee/coconut oil/butter over medium heat in a medium sized pan. Sauté the onion until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Crumble the ground beef in the pan and sauté until cooked through. Drain any fat from the pan.
- Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to the pan and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes to the pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with the chopped basil (if using) and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!
Leave a Reply