Naturally sweetened Easy Paleo Pumpkin Butter is bursting with our favorite fall flavors! It’s the perfect spread on toast, muffins, pancakes and so much more. It comes together in just 10 minutes using common ingredients you probably have in your pantry. This pumpkin butter tastes like a spreadable version of pumpkin pie!
If you’ve never tried pumpkin butter, you’re in for a real treat! I’m a huge fan, especially around this time of year. However, I hate that the store bought versions are loaded with junk and ALL THE SUGAR. My version is lightly sweetened with either dates or maple syrup (your choice), and full of real food and healthy ingredients. Feel free to add more sweetener if you’d like! This can also be easily made autoimmune protocol friendly by omitting the nutmeg!
How to Make Pumpkin Butter:
My pumpkin butter recipe is super easy and straightforward.
Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to combine, then blend for 2-3 minutes or until the dates are completely broken down. If you’re using maple syrup instead of dates, you’ll only need to blend for about 30 seconds. If you’d like it warm, simply heat up in a small saucepan. So simple!
This recipe is definitely a winner! The pumpkin butter turns out so creamy, perfectly sweet and it’s the quintessential fall spread. It’s a MUST try this season!
Pumpkin Butter Uses:
This pumpkin butter tastes like the filling of a pumpkin pie, only better!
It can be spread on toast, biscuits, pancakes, and more. You can also stir it into yogurt, oatmeal, and even coffee.
I especially love this served with sliced apples, but it can also be eaten straight up with a spoon. I don’t judge. 😉 Kids will love this, and it would be perfect to bring to your autumn inspired holiday party! I hope you love it too and have the happiest Halloween!
Looking For Other Delicious Pumpkin Recipes:
I hope you love this pumpkin butter recipe as much as I do! Enjoy! If you give this recipe a try, be sure to comment below and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, I would love to see your creations on Instagram. Be sure to tag me @livinglovingpaleo!
Easy Paleo Pumpkin Butter
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup OR 10 medjool dates, pitted (your choice!)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (omit if making AIP-friendly)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- Place all of the ingredients in your food processor. Pulse a few times to combine, then blend for 2-3 minutes or until the dates are completely broken down. If you're using maple syrup instead of dates, you'll only need to blend for about 30 seconds. If you'd like the pumpkin butter served warm, simply heat up in a small saucepan. Enjoy!!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!