What’s better than chocolate? Double chocolate, obviously! These double chocolate power cookies are seriously everything you could hope for, they’re super chocolately, soft, chewy and they’re SO GOOD! What makes these cookies extra awesome is that they’re loaded with a healthy dose of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides!
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you probably already know that I’m a HUGE fan of Vital Proteins, and have been using their collagen for years. Collagen has been a huge help in my own healing journey from Crohn’s, and I always recommend it to anyone looking for better health. Vital Proteins is the only collagen I use, as it comes from grass-fed, pasture raised cows, which is really important to me.
Awhile back I talked about how I had run out of my Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides for a couple weeks after a trip to Vegas, and it was then that I realized just how powerful of an impact this magic powder has on my own health! I’ll never go without it again!
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies, and is a key constituent of all connective tissue. It makes up to 30% of the protein of the living body, and 70% of the protein that makes up our skin. This means that collagen is a really important building block for the skin, and unfortunately as we age, our own collagen production slows down. Whomp, whomp! Thankfully Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides are here to help! Besides helping to heal my gut, it’s also made a huge difference in my own hair, skin and nails. I really can’t recommend it enough!
As you can see, collagen is so good for you for so many reasons, including improving your skin, joint and bone health. Who doesn’t want that? Each serving is also loaded with 18 grams of protein! Plus, it’s SO easy to take! Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides are completely tasteless and odorless, and it dissolves easily into tea, coffee, soups, or smoothies… Actually, the collagen dissolve into just about anything, even these cookies! It’s a really easy way to boost your own nutrition, and you can give it to your kids as well!
I have no doubt that you are all gonna LOVE these double chocolate power cookies, and you’ll see just how easy it is to get this healthy collagen into your everyday life! Enjoy!
Double Chocolate Power Cookies
- 1 cup smooth almond butter (be sure almonds are the only ingredient as any added oils will change the texture of the cookies)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional, for topping)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded coconut (optional, for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the almond butter, honey, eggs and vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl. Stir with a spatula to combine. In another small bowl, use a fork to stir together the Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda and sea salt. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients, and stir well with a spatula. I did this in two steps, adding half the dry ingredients each time. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scooper or a tablespoon to scoop two tablespoons of the cookie dough. Drop the dough onto the parchment lined baking sheets. The dough will be sticky, so I used a small spatula to help. You don't need to press the dough down, as it will flatten as the cookies bake. Sprinkle the cookie dough with the shredded coconut and sliced almonds.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the sheets half way through. Once the cookies are done, place them onto baking sheets to cool. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Vital Proteins. All opinions on Living Loving Paleo are always 100% my own and I only ever work with companies that I absolutely love. My sponsors help to keep Living Loving Paleo up and running!
This post also contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!