With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I’ve got the perfect dessert that you can make…for yourself, haha. 😉 Cause let’s be real, nobody is gonna want to share these Dairy-free Double Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bars! Or maybe that’s just me?
I’ve always loved cheesecake, but I hadn’t had it in years since I changed my diet. Typical cheesecake is loaded with dairy + a crust made with gluten, so I set out to create my own dairy-free version that was even better than the original! I’m a BIG believer that just because you’ve made healthier changes to your diet, doesn’t mean that you should ever feel like you’re missing out. That’s exactly where this recipe fits in!
I started out by creating my dairy-free Berry Cheesecake Bars, which turned out INSANE, and one of my most popular recipes last summer!
Over the holidays, I wanted to create these rich, Dairy-free Double Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bars…so I did just that! I first shared this recipe with my newsletter subscribers a couple months ago, and the incredible reviews came streaming in! Nobody will ever know that this cheesecake is any different than regular cheesecake, they’ll only tell you how amazing it is! This is a dessert that everyone will love!
Not only are these Dairy-free Double Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bars completely gluten-free, they’re also paleo and vegan! Oh…and you don’t even have to bake it either. WHAT? I know.
Enjoy this recipe for my Dairy-free Double Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bars!
Dairy-free Double Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust:
For the Filling:
For the Caramel:
To Make the Cheesecake:
- Place the cashews in a clean bowl. Bring a small pot of water to a boil, and then pour the water over the cashews to soak. The cashews should be fully immersed in the water. Set aside for at least 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- Line a 8x8" baking dish with parchment paper, cutting the corners to help the paper fit. This will help so that the cheesecake is super easy to remove.
- Place all of the crust ingredients into your food processor. Process until all of the ingredients are combined and a slightly crumbly dough forms. Place the dough onto the parchment-lined pan and use your fingers to press it into an even crust. Place the pan into your refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Place all of the filling ingredients into your food processor. Process until the cashews have completely broken down, scraping down the sides as needed, approximately 2 minutes.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan over the crust and smooth the top with a spatula. If you'd like, sprinkle the top of the cheesecake with chocolate chips. Place the cheesecake into your refrigerator to set for at least 4-6 hours, or overnight.
To Make the Caramel:
- Melt the ghee in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Once the ghee has melted, add the coconut sugar and whisk to combine. Add the coconut milk and whisk to combine once more.
- Let the mixture boil for 5-7 minutes, or until reduced and thickened, whisking occasionally. Stir in the sea salt.
- Let cool and then drizzle the caramel sauce over the cheesecake. ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER – Dairy-free Double Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bars:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!