This recipe for crispy baked chicken tenders is ultra crispy chicken that’s been baked in the oven for a lighter take on the classic. This oven fried chicken is grain-free, paleo and keto and will quickly become a family favorite! You’ll never need another chicken tender recipe!
Chicken tenders take me right back to my childhood. I was a very picky kid, and anytime my family went out to dinner, I would always order chicken tenders with french fries, and a side of applesauce… But only if they would heat it up. Cold applesauce was straight up not allowed. Told you I was picky! 😉 Times have changed and so has my palate, but I still have a love for crispy baked chicken tenders!
I’ve played around with all sorts of coatings in order to make these crispy baked chicken tenders crunchy, and this version made with crushed pork rinds is by far my favorite. It might sound a little strange to some, but it’s truly DELICIOUS. I prefer using the baked pork rinds from Epic, but you can use any kind that you’d like!
How To Make Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
I’ve found that the easiest way to turn the pork into crumbs is to place the rinds into a food processor/blender, and then pulse until they’re around the size of bread crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, you can always use a blender, or simply place the pork rinds in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
Next, mix the pork rind crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt & black pepper in a shallow bowl. Beat the egg in a separate shallow bowl.
Dry your chicken tenders with a paper towel. Dip each piece into the egg, and then into the dry mixture.
Place the chicken tenders on wire racks over baking sheet pans. Bake for 15-17 minutes. If you’d like to brown the chicken tenders more, simply place them under the broiler for a few minutes.
What To Serve With Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
I like to serve my crispy baked chicken tenders with my ranch dressing, chipotle aioli or jalapeño ranch dressing! So delicious! They’re also great with BBQ sauce, ketchup or honey mustard. I make these chicken fingers a few times a month, because it’s a dinner my whole family loves with less guilt! I hope you love these crispy baked chicken tenders as much as I do!
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Spaghetti & Meatball Casserole
Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, or chicken breasts cut into tenders
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pork rinds (I use a food processor to crush my pork rinds into crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place two wire racks on top of two baking sheets.
- Mix the pork rind crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt & black pepper in a shallow bowl. Beat the egg in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dry your chicken tenders with a paper towel. Dip each piece into the egg, and then into the dry mixture.
- Place the chicken tenders on the wire racks. Bake for 15-17 minutes. If you'd like to brown the chicken tenders more, simply place them under your broiler for a few minutes.
- These are delicious served with my ranch dressing , chipotle aioli or jalapeño ranch dressing !
Pin This Recipe For Homemade Baked Chicken Tenders:
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!
Armida Morgan says
My family loves this recipe with marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese!
They call it Chicken Parm!! 😋😋❤️❤️
Team KB says
Aww, love that! That combo sounds delish!! 😋💕