I’m so stoked, I’ve just perfected my dairy-free alfredo sauce! It’s seriously so good; I want to top everything with it! I really love these stuffed sweet potatoes, as they’re perfect in every way! The flavor combo is amazing, and the spiciness of the chicken really compliments the creamy alfredo sauce. These are also super easy to put together, and they make the perfect meal all tucked into one cute & delicious shell!
Feel free to add any veggies you’d like, the options are really endless for where you can take this recipe. These are also great to make a batch of on your food prep day, as they make a super easy and complete meal on the go!
I hope you love these! Happy cooking!
Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
For the Potatoes:
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2-4 hours
- 1 cup chicken broth, heated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Scrub your sweet potatoes and pierce the skin a few times with a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until they're easily pierced with a fork.
- While the potatoes are baking, melt the ghee or coconut oil in a medium sized pan over medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan and sauté until cooked through. Add the chipotle chili pepper powder, Cajun seasoning, and salt to the pan. Stir until the chicken is coated in the seasoning. Remove the chicken from the pan and place in a clean bowl. Set aside. Add the broccoli and zucchini to the same pan and sauté until cooked to your liking.
- Now let's make the "alfredo" sauce! Strain the water from the cashews and place all of the ingredients for the sauce into a blender, and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven once they're cooked through, cut open in the middle and stuff with the chicken and veggies. Top with the alfredo sauce and eat up!