These Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Bowls are not only super easy to make, but they’re DELICIOUS and loaded with flavor, thanks to these new Balanced Bites spices!
I still remember the days when I had basically 3 spices in my entire kitchen…salt, pepper, garlic powder, and maybe some chili powder, for good measure. Then I ditched processed foods and started eating real food, annnnnnnd suddenly I have approximately 100,000 spices, give or take a few. Anyone feel me here? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
I’ve been meaning to clean out my spice cabinet foreverrrr, as I knew some of the spices were super old, but just about everything else was more important. That was until these new spice blends showed up from my friend Diane Sanfilippo! Suddenly cleaning my spice cabinet became the most important item on my to do list, cause I needed to make room for these GORGEOUS bottles! It’s the little things that make me happy, and my newly organized spice cabinet makes me SO HAPPY! If you know me, this isn’t a surprise. Organization is my JAM.
I LOVE the BIG glass bottles that these spices come in and have already tried each of the blends – they’re amazing!! They make eating real food SO easy, as you can turn a super simple meal into something really special with just a few shakes of any of these spices. I used the Mega Meg blend to create these Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Bowls, and both my husband and I couldn’t get over how tasty it turned out! I loaded these bowls with chicken, bacon, asparagus, cauliflower rice, avocado & chives – what’s not to love?
These Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Bowls are insanely easy to make, and only use one pan! I mean, who doesn’t love having fewer dishes to wash?! These bowls are a complete meal and will leave you feeling ready to crush your day.
I remember the first time I discovered cauliflower rice years ago – it was a game changer! It has a similar texture to regular white rice, with the bonus of getting in extra veggies! You can either make your own cauliflower rice for these bowls using the directions from my recipe (leaving out the seasonings), or you can easily purchase pre-made cauli rice from stores such as Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Costco and even Target. I purchase mine pre-made…because…#TeamEasy.
Enjoy this recipe for my Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Bowls!
Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, ghee or grass-fed butter
- 6 cups cauliflower rice (store bought or homemade)
- 4-5 slices bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons Mega Med Spice Blend (or to taste)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil/ghee/butter in a medium sized pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the cauliflower rice to the pan and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until it's cooked to your liking. Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Place the cauliflower rice into a clean bowl and set aside.
- Add the bacon to the same pan that you cooked the cauliflower rice in, and cook until crispy. Place the bacon on a plate lined with paper towels, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sauté until cooked through. Add the asparagus to the pan with the chicken and sauté until cooked to your liking. Drain any fat from the pan. Add the Mega Med Spice Blend to the pan and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Layer the bowls with cauliflower rice and top with the chicken, asparagus, bacon, avocado and chives. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!