This ceviche salad with mango vinaigrette has instantly become my favorite meal this summer! It’s so easy to prepare and you don’t even have to turn on your stove or oven! I love having a batch of this ceviche in my fridge for a quick meal or snack.
Some say that the shrimp toughens when it sits in the lime juice for too long, but I honestly think it only gets better! Some ceviche recipes call for the shrimp to only marinade for 10-20 minutes, but I prefer the taste and texture after the shrimp has been “cooking” in the lime juice for approximately 5-6 hours. You can toss the shrimp in the lime juice before you head to work for the day, or even the night before you want to serve it. You’ll know that the shrimp is ready to eat once it’s opaque. With that said, my husband and I ate this multiple days in a row, and it was still so good!
Some may find it odd, but I actually love chopping veggies! Something about it is so therapeutic to me. In our culture where everything moves SO FAST, sometimes it’s just really nice to slowww down and take the time to chop a few veggies by hand. I also really love listening to a podcast or music while I create recipes in my kitchen, it’s a great way to pump up the energy!
If you’re not a fan of chopping veggies, I’ve got an easy tip for you! Simply toss the red onion, jicama, cucumber, mango and jalapeño into your food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Just be careful not to over blend, mushy veggies aren’t as tasty. 😉 Also, a citrus squeezer is super helpful when you need a lot of fresh juice. I used a THIS citrus squeezer to get a cup of fresh lime juice in no time at all!
You could even skip the greens altogether and serve this along with plantain chips or my grilled plantain fries, as an appetizer at your next party! The mango vinaigrette is reallyyy delicious, so I definitely wouldn’t skip that part, just drizzle it on top of the ceviche!
Enjoy this ceviche salad with mango vinaigrette!
Ceviche Salad With Mango Vinaigrette
Ceviche Salad With Mango Vinaigrette
For the Ceviche Salad:
- 1 pound high quality shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup jicama, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber peeled and deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mango, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and finely diced
- 5 ounces baby lettuce mix (about 8 cups)
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut vinegar (rice vinegar would work as well)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the shrimp in a medium sized bowl, along with the lime juice. Place the shrimp in your fridge while the lime juice "cooks" the shrimp for 5-6 hours.
- To make the vinaigrette, simply place all of the ingredients into your blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- In another bowl, add the red onion, jicama, cucumber, mango, jalapeno, cherry tomatoes and avocado. Once the shrimp has marinated in the lime juice, add it to the bowl along with the fruit/veggies. Stir to combine.
- Divide the salad greens onto plates or bowls. Top the greens with the ceviche and mango vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!
Paula Richmond says
I made this with white fish and it was delicious! Highly recommend!
That sounds perfect, Paula! So glad you enjoyed it! 🙂