What screams summer more than potato salad? Buffalo Ranch Potato Salad, obviously! This is officially my favorite potato salad. EVER. In all of existence.
I realized right after I made this recipe and took pictures of it, that crispy bacon on top would have been a delicious addition, so feel free to add some if you’d like! This is also a great dish to make in advance, as I think it tastes even better the next day!
With the 4thof July right around the corner here in the US, this Buffalo Ranch Potato Salad is the perfect dish to bring to a barbecue or party with friends and family! Or you can be like my husband and just eat the whole batch to yourself…while standing right over the kitchen counter, haha. Who can blame him, it’s SOOO GOOD!
If you’re new to paleo and are confused about the whole “are potatoes paleo?” deal, I get it, cause I was totally confused when I first started out too. I highly recommend reading this post that I wrote all about it…and you’ll get a delicious recipe for my Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Potatoes while you’re at it!
An immersion blender is gonna be your bff for making this buffalo ranch dressing (and my other favorite sauces, like my Chipotle Aioli and Jalapeño Ranch), but if you don’t have one just yet, I’d follow this recipe for making mayo in your blender, and just add the remaining ingredients from my recipe. Just trust me when I say that using an immersion blender is wayyy easier, and fool-proof!
Enjoy this Buffalo Ranch Potato Salad!
Buffalo Ranch Potato Salad (Paleo & Whole30)
For The Potato Salad:
- 2 pounds red or yellow potatoes, scrubbed (approximately 6 medium potatoes)
- 3 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
For The Buffalo Ranch:
- 2/3 cup avocado oil (any light tasting oil works – avocado is my favorite to use as it has no taste)
- 1 egg (preferably pasture-raised)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's Original)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced (or 2 teaspoons dried dill)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced (1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley)
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh, minced garlic (or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until fork tender, but still firm, approximately 15-20 minutes. Drain the potatoes. Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, chop them into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, let's make the buffalo ranch! Place the avocado oil, egg, mustard powder, lemon juice and sea salt into a tall container (I use a 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup). Place an immersion blender at the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture starts to blend together and become thick, move the immersion blender towards the top until it's well blended. This should take less than a minute. Add the hot sauce and blend once more until combined. Stir in the dill, parsley and garlic.
- Place the potatoes, celery, red onion in a large bowl, and toss with the buffalo ranch until well combined. Top with the green onion and ENJOY!
PIN IT FOR LATER – Buffalo Ranch Potato Salad:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!