UPDATE: I made these buffalo deviled eggs for my friend Diane’s (from Balanced Bites) holiday party a couple months back, only making a few changes to my original recipe – and I actually liked them more! I decided to update the recipe, and now that they no longer use avocado in the actual filling, you can easily make these in advance and they’ll stay pretty! Love that spicy buffalo flavor as much as I do? Check out my other popular buffalo recipes – Buffalo Chicken Dip, Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Yams, Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, Buffalo Chicken Nachos & my Buffalo Chicken Hash! See, told ya that I love that buffalo flavor. 😉 Enjoy!
This summer has really flown by! How did Labor Day already pass?! Although I love summer, I’m really excited for what’s to come as the seasons change; I have quite a few fun things in the works!
For those of you that don’t know, my beautiful sister finished treatment for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in June of this year, and I’ve wanted to throw her a party to celebrate for what seems like forever! It’s been a really long year for my family, and especially my sister, and I believe everyone should be able to celebrate when they finish a difficult trial in their lives. Treatment for any disease can be very traumatic, so I really wanted my sister to leave with some happy memories of this time. She was so sick, and I’m SO grateful that my sis is finally feeling better!! Last Saturday, we were finally able to surprise her with a big party with many of her closest friends, and lots of great food! This is the first surprise I’ve actually pulled off. I wanted to high five myself for not telling her all about her own party! No, but seriously…I almost did about 500 times.
This recipe came from me wanting to make some sort of snack, because snacks are fun! To be honest, I just don’t snack very often anymore, but if I do, it’s typically a hard boiled egg topped with ghee and salt. Or a piece of fruit. I know, my snacks aren’t super exciting! If you know me, you know I love buffalo anything. Funny, because I used to not like spice at all! These eggs are literally everything I love put together in snack size form. They’re so good, I hope you love them as well!
This past weekend was a lot of fun for my family; I hope you enjoyed yours as well!
Enjoy these buffalo deviled eggs!
Buffalo Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (homemade or Primal Kitchen is a good brand)
- 1/4-1/3 cup hot sauce (depending how much heat you like, I used Tessemae's Hot Sauce but Frank's Original also works well)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped (optional)
- First up, let's hard-boil those eggs! My favorite way to do this is actually to steam them, as I never have any issues with the shells sticking to the egg. Add 1 ½" of water to a pot. Bring to a boil. Add the cold eggs to a steamer basket in the pot, and steam, covered, for 9 minutes. Remove the eggs from the basket and immediately place them into a bowl filled with ice water. Allow the eggs to cool completely.
- Peel the eggs carefully, and cut them in half, lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place into your food processor, along with the mayonnaise, hot sauce, salt, and garlic powder. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites. Top with the crumbled bacon, diced tomatoes, avocado and chives. Enjoy!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!