If you know me, you know I’ve got a thing for buffalo chicken! This Buffalo Chicken Chopped salad is my new favorite, and perfect for summer! I made a double batch to have on hand for easy meals throughout the week, and it’s perfect to take on-the-go as well!
I made this Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad crazy easy to put together by using pre-made cole slaw and rotisserie chicken that I grabbed from Whole Foods, but you can feel free to make your own if you prefer!
Enjoy this recipe for my Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad!
Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 pound pre-made cole slaw (or ½ small head of cabbage, 2 carrots and ½ small head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup crushed plantain chips
For the Chicken:
- Place all of the salad ingredients, besides the plantain chips, into a large bowl, and toss to combine.
- Place the avocado oil, egg, lemon juice and mustard powder into a tall container (I used a 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup ). Place an immersion blender at the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture starts to blend together and become thick, move the immersion blender towards the top, until it is well blended. This should take less than a minute! Divide the mixture (mayo) in half (1/2 cup each). Add the hot sauce to ½ of the mayo and stir well to combine. For the other half, add all of the ingredients for the ranch dressing and stir well to combine.
- Mix the chicken with the hot sauce/mayo blend, and add to the top of the salad. Drizzle the salad with the ranch dressing and top with the crushed plantains. Serve up and ENJOY!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!