If you know me at all, you know that I love buffalo chicken! This buffalo chicken breakfast casserole is insanely easy to make, and it’s the best breakfast for busy mornings, or a quick snack to go. The leftovers are delicious even eaten cold!
Something I’ve been really into sharing about lately is finding what works best for you. Not what works best for your friend, or your mom, or me, but YOU! I’ve been living this paleo journey for well over 3 years now, and what started as a strict set of rules has transitioned into simply eating what makes me feel good. For example, I’ve added back high quality, grass-fed dairy as well as white rice, and while neither of those are considered “paleo,” both make me feel awesome! Sometimes when I’m dining out I’ll get my burger on a gluten-free bun, and that makes me feel great too!
When I was super strict with my diet, I stuck to squeaky clean paleo guidelines for over 2 years, which (for me) allowed the necessary time for my gut to heal. It took many years for my body to become as sick as it once was, so it took some time and dedication to undo the damage! I believe paleo is a really great template to start with, as it’s a true elimination diet that can really allow your body to heal and also show you what foods may be causing underlying issues for you. For more easy to follow tips on how I healed my body, check out my post on how to get started with healing!
I now know what’s worth it for me, and what isn’t, which is a truly incredible feeling! This isn’t something that happened overnight, but if you’re feeling good enough and ready after any sort of elimination diet, I encourage you to experiment to see what foods really help you to thrive!
If you’re looking for more ways to make delicious “buffalo” meals that everyone will love, check out my other recipes by clicking on any of them below!
You can also totally mix-up your breakfast prep with this Apple Cherry Frittata from the Whole Smiths! It’s SO GOOD!
Enjoy the recipe for my Buffalo Chicken Breakfast Casserole!
Buffalo Chicken Breakfast Casserole
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (I haven't tried it myself, but my readers have said that cashew or almond milk works great in place of the coconut milk!)
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (Tessemae's or Frank's Original work great)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (I used leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 2 scallions, chopped (approximately 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8" baking dish with coconut oil or ghee.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in the coconut milk, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, scallions and spinach, and stir well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased baking dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the center of the casserole is set. Cut into square slices and enjoy!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!