I posted these Broccoli Fritters with Sun Dried Tomato Aioli on my Instagram last month and the response was HUGE! Everyone was asking for the recipe, so today, I’m sharing it with you! These fritters make the best hamburger or sandwich bun (which is what I most often use them for), a delicious side dish, and are perfect for breakfast!
The best part about this recipe is that I used Thrive Algae Oil to not only cook these fritters, but also as the base for the sauce! This oil is my absolute favorite cooking oil, and I’ve been using it in everything lately. I was hooked after my first taste, and I know you will be too! My sister even texted me the other day asking if I’d ever tried Algae Oil and how delicious it was – and she happened to be talking about Thrive! Not only does Thrive Algae Oil have a really high smoke point of up to 485 degrees, but it also has a light, neutral taste, which allows the flavors of your food to truly shine.
Healthy fats are all the rage right now, and Thrive Algae Oil contains the highest percentage of monounsaturated fat (MUFAs), aka the good fat, with 13g per serving. While olive oil contains approximately 70% MUFAs, Thrive contains 90% MUFAs!
I’ve been using this Thrive Algae Oil to cook everything lately – literally everything! From roasting veggies, marinating chicken, to frying eggs, it’s absolutely perfect! It works so well for the recipes that I’m already making, and is also amazing for searing, sautéing, mixing into salad dressings and even baking desserts!
What’s even more exciting about this post is that I created a short cooking video to show you just how EASY it is to make these Broccoli Fritters with Sun Dried Tomato Aioli, using Thrive Algae Oil! Lately I’ve been making a double batch of these fritters to have on hand to create super easy meals during the week, cause they’re the BEST!
Most of us can agree that fried food is delicious (right?!), but I often find that it’s super greasy and doesn’t leave me feeling the best after eating it. Thrive Algae Oil has completely changed the game with frying food, as it doesn’t leave the fritters feeling like they’ve actually been fried, because it’s so light! It really helps to make the outside of the fritter super crispy, while leaving the inside soft, which is exactly what I was going for.
Enjoy this recipe & my cooking video for these Broccoli Fritters with Sun Dried Tomato Aioli!
Broccoli Fritters with Sun Dried Tomato Aioli
For the Broccoli Fritters:
- Thrive Algae Oil
- 2 cups shredded broccoli, stems and/or florets (I prefer a mix of both - approximately 1 small head of broccoli - shred using either a box grater or the shredder attachment on your food processor)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Sun Dried Tomato Aioli:
- 2/3 cup Thrive Algae Oil
- 1 egg (preferably pasture-raised)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sun dried tomatoes (drain before using if packed in oil)
To Make the Fritters:
- Combine all of the fritter ingredients in a large bowl, and stir really well, using a fork.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add enough Thrive Algae Oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Once the pan is very hot, drop large spoonfuls of the broccoli batter into the pan, gently spreading into a circular shape, using a spatula.
- Cook the fritters for 3-4 minutes or until the bottom begins to turn golden brown. Flip and cook the second side for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until browned. Place the fritters on a clean plate, and cook the remaining batter following the steps above, adding more Thrive Algae Oil to the pan, if needed.
To Make the Aioli:
- Place the Thrive Algae Oil, egg, mustard powder, lemon juice, garlic powder & sea salt into a tall container (I use a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup). Place an immersion blender at the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture starts to blend together and become thick, move the immersion blender towards the top, until it is well blended. Add the sun dried tomatoes and blend once more until well combined.
- Serve the broccoli fritters with the sun dried tomato aioli and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Thrive Culinary Algae Oil. All opinions on Living Loving Paleo are always 100% my own and I only ever work with companies that I absolutely love. My sponsors help to keep Living Loving Paleo up and running! This post also contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!
What other type of oil can I use? Can’t afford to purchase another at this time
Hi Jia! While I definitely prefer the Thrive Algae Oil, you could use avocado oil, or any other light tasting oil 🙂