These barbecue chicken stuffed sweet potatoes are insanely delicious! I’ve been eating them everyday for the past week and I’m not even close to getting tired of them, and I just know you’re going to love them too!
My new Instant Pot has been awesome, but up until now I had only used it to make bone broth. It only takes a couple hours to make a batch of bone broth (versus 24-48 hours in a slow cooker), so needless to say even for that use alone, it’s so worth getting one. I made the shredded chicken in my Instant Pot in just 20 minutes! Don’t worry if you don’t own one just yet, I’ve also included directions for making the shredded chicken in your slow cooker too! You could always use leftover chopped chicken if you prefer, whatever is easiest for you.
You’re in luck if you’ve already purchased my eBook, Get Sauced, as the barbecue sauce recipe is in it! Both the Sweet Barbecue Sauce and the Spicy & Smoky Barbecue Sauce take only a couple minutes to make, and are also whole 30 compliant! My eBook contains 33 sauce recipes (38 with the variations) and they’re what make paleo so easy and sustainable for me! If you haven’t noticed yet, I’ll often be sharing recipes that include sauces from my eBook to show you how delicious they are when paired with different meals, and to give you fun & new ways to use them! If you haven’t grabbed a copy yet, now’s the time!
Did you know I just started a business Facebook page? I’ve been asked by so many of you on here if I have a Facebook page, so I finally got one published last week! You can find my page HERE, and I’d so appreciate if you gave it a “like!”
I hope you enjoy this recipe for my barbecue chicken stuffed sweet potatoes!
Barbecue Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot
For the Barbecue Chicken:
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 5-6 medium sized sweet potatoes or yams
For the Garnish (optional):
- chopped red onion
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Scrub your sweet potatoes and pierce the skin a few times with a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until they're easily pierced with a fork.
- While the potatoes are cooking, let's make the chicken! Place the chicken and water/broth into your Instant Pot . Sprinkle with the salt & pepper. Press "poultry," then add 5 minutes to the time so that the chicken will cook for 20 minutes total.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished, carefully release the pressure (use a hot pad and keep your hand away from the steam that escapes) and remove the chicken with a slotted spoon, to let any liquid drain off. **If you don't have an Instapot simply place the chicken in your slow cooker with 1 cup of water/broth, and then the salt & pepper. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Place the cooked chicken into a medium sized bowl and shred with 2 forks. Mix in the barbecue sauce.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven once they're cooked through, cut open in the middle, and stuff with the barbecue chicken. These are extra delicious topped with chopped onion, cilantro & avocado, or even my ranch dressing!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!