I just got home from the most amazing trip to Monterey with a group of bloggers, where we toured a few California strawberry farms and ate some amazing strawberry themed food! I’ll be sharing those trip adventures with you shortly, along with lots of fun pictures!
I spent my last day there in Carmel, which is one of my very favorite beaches that I’ve ever been to. The water is turquoise blue and the sand is so soft and white, it’s absolutely stunning. I ended up spending the entire day on the beach, just taking it all in, and reflecting on my life. What a journey it has been!
Carmel-By-The-Sea, my absolute favorite beach!
I’ve learned some incredible lessons from being so sick, for so long. These are lessons that we all can learn, and they’ll only lead to positive changes and a much happier life.
I’ve learned to treat my body with complete respect, from eating real, whole foods, to keeping a positive mindset, and learning to really take time to be grateful for everything that I already have.
All of this combined is why I’m so healthy today. I don’t believe in a magic pill, or a quick fix. I made a conscious decision to forever change the way that I live my life. This has brought more joy and happiness into my life than I had ever realized was possible. Change your thoughts, change your life.
With all of that said, if you’re going through any sort of struggle right now, I hope you’re left feeling inspired to take back control of your own life. For me, it all started with changing the food that I put into my body, and everything else became a little bit easier after that.
Food is truly just the beginning, and that’s exactly why I’ve created my website – to share delicious and healthy recipes, and also to share all of my lifestyle tips and the lessons that I’ve learned.
And with all of that said, here’s a delicious recipe that I created just for you! I hope you love it!
These balsamic grilled veggie kabobs are so easy to make, and are packed with tons of flavor! Brushing the veggie kabobs with the leftover marinade right after they’re cooked really takes them up a notch, so be sure not to skip this step. I served these with the coffee spice rubbed barbecue bacon burgers and it was sooo good!
Balsamic Grilled Veggie Kabobs
For the Marinade:
For the Veggie Kabobs:
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- If you're using wood skewers for your kabobs, soak them in water for 30 minutes so that they don't burn on the grill.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large glass bowl (don't use metal, as the balsamic in the marinade will react with the metal giving it an off taste). Add all of the vegetables to the bowl and toss to combine. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Thread the vegetables onto the skewers, alternating the veggies as you go. Reserve the remaining marinade.
- Grill the vegetables, turning occasionally until they begin to brown and soften, about 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer the kabobs to a plate and brush with the leftover marinade. Enjoy!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!