My eBook, Get Sauced, has been out for just under two weeks, and I’m looooving all of the amazing feedback that I’ve been getting! I’m so grateful to all of you who have already purchased a copy, you all make it possible for me to continue to do what I do! If you’re sitting on the fence whether to get a copy for yourself or not, I’m giving you a delicious recipe straight from my eBook today for a smoky & spicy barbecue sauce so you can see for yourself just how easy and delicious these sauces really are! I can’t even begin to tell you how good this recipe for bacon wrapped chicken thighs & barbecue sauce is, I know you’ll love it!
This barbecue sauce has a bit of heat to it, so if you aren’t into spicy foods I also have a sweet barbecue sauce recipe! Both barbecue sauces in my eBook also happen to be Whole 30 friendly, as they’re only sweetened with dates. I also include another sweetener option for both barbeque sauces, so that you have options!
The sauces are truly life changing and have made eating real food so much easier and so delicious! My husband works as a firefighter and needs super quick meals on the go, and having my sauces on hand makes this so easy for him. He often finds himself eating the same thing daily (typically big salads with a burger or chicken) and the sauces in my eBook are what keep his meals exciting and new every time!
If you haven’t had bacon wrapped chicken thighs yet, now is definitely the time to make them! This barbecue sauce takes this chicken to a whole different level, it’s the best combination! This meal is so easy to put together, and even the pickiest eaters will love it.
Serve this dish with a side salad and topped with my ranch dressing, and you’ll have the most insanely delicious meal ever!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs & Barbecue Sauce
For the Chicken Thighs:
For the Spicy Smoky Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
(Or use the sweet barbeque sauce in Get Sauced)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap each chicken thigh with a slice of bacon and place on a rimmed baking sheet, at least 1" apart. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake the chicken for 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through. If you'd like to crisp the underside of the bacon, simply flip the chicken over during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, let's make the barbecue sauce! Place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally until heated through.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the oven once they are cooked through and enjoy with the barbeque sauce!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!