These healthy apple cinnamon muffins are pure apple-cinnamon-ey goodness coming out of the oven. Loaded with chopped apples and warm fall spices, they make for the perfect cozy breakfast or afternoon treat. Made with coconut flour and sweetened with honey, they are naturally paleo and gluten-free.
These apple cinnamon muffins are my absolute favorite thing right now! Muffins always take me right back to my childhood when I would eat those giant ones from Costco for breakfast… prettyyy much daily. The chocolate chip and lemon poppyseed muffins were my favorite! Oh man, they were so good…but not exactly the best for me. 😉
Anyway, my love continues on as an adult with these apple cinnamon muffins! I wanted to create a muffin that wasn’t too sweet, and would make a great breakfast or snack on the go. These are also super easy to make, as we all know by now that I don’t do complicated baking! They’re extra delicious smeared with some ghee or almond butter too!
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Muffins
This muffin recipe is so super easy!
Start by preheating the oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin tin with 10 parchment muffin liners (this will keep your muffins from sticking to the paper). Now, if there’s one thing I know for sure about grain-free baking, it’s that you’ve gotta use parchment muffin liners. Regular muffin liners will cause the muffin to stick… So you’ll just end up with only half of a sad muffin that you can eat. Let’s just say that I definitely learned this lesson the hard way, haha!
Next, place all of the ingredients, except for the apples, into a food processor. Pulse until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the diced apples to the food processor and stir to combine.
Which Apples Are Best For Muffins?
Can I Freeze Apple Cinnamon Muffins?
Most muffins freeze well. Cool muffins completely before wrapping and freezing. To freeze, wrap securely in foil or freezer wrap, or place in freezer bags. Muffins will be good, frozen, for up to 3 months.
These apple cinnamon muffins are the perfect fall treat, so festive and delicious. They’re perfect for a fall brunch, or sometimes I even package them up in tins and deliver them to family and friends for an unexpected yet welcome edible gift. Once you try these apple muffins, you’ll be as hooked as we are!
Looking for more muffin inspiration?
I hope you can taste the love that went into creating these apple cinnamon muffins! Happy baking! If you give this recipe a try, be sure to comment below and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, I would love to see your creations on Instagram. Be sure to tag me @livinglovingpaleo!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup ghee or grass-fed butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup apples, peeled and finely diced (approximately 1 medium apple. Any apple variety works, I used Fuji. The sweeter the apples, the sweeter the muffins will be)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 10 parchment muffin liners (this will keep your muffins from sticking to the paper).
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the apples, into a food processor. Pulse until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the diced apples to the food processor and stir to combine.
- Scoop the batter into the parchment lined muffin tin. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are lightly browned and they bounce back when touched. Place on a cooling rack. Enjoy warm!
PIN IT FOR LATER – Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!