I was so excited to receive a review copy of Caroline Potter’s brand new cookbook, All-American Paleo Table! This book is GORGEOUS! The recipes look so amazing, and the pictures are just stunning. I’ve been a fan of Caroline’s photography for quite awhile now, and this book does not disappoint! With recipes like Steak And Eggs Breakfast Fries, Hawaiian Acai Bowls, Shredded Chicken Enchilada Guacamole Burgers, and Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sundaes, you’ll find yourself drooling over every page!
I made these Morning Butter Biscuits the other day, and they turned out SO yummy and were super easy to make! I made them into breakfast sandwiches with eggs and bacon, but they’d also be amazing served with jam as well!
I hope you enjoy this sneak peek recipe!
To pick up your own copy of All-American Paleo Table, click HERE!
Caroline’s Note: These biscuits are my absolute favorite baked creation. Cashews have a light, mellow flavor, so you will hardly notice that the biscuits are made with nuts and that they are very low in carbohydrates—a great staple to keep in the kitchen. These are slightly denser than their gluten-filled predecessors, but are so buttery and delicious that you will probably want to eat more than one—yes, I can say that with experience! I like to freeze any extras to keep on hand for a snack or bit of comfort food because if you are anything like me, you will probably be craving these!
Morning Butter Biscuits from All American Paleo Table
- 6 tablespoons butter Palm shortening can be used for strictly dairy-free, but I prefer them best using butter.)
- 3 cups (435 g) raw cashew pieces
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon grass-fed gelatin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- coconut oil for greasing hands
- Slice butter into small cubes and set aside to soften for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, adjusting the rack to the bottom portion of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cashew pieces to the bowl of a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds or until a smooth nut flour begins to form. Be careful not to turn into nut butter.
- Next, add the flour, gelatin, baking soda, baking powder and salt, pulsing several times to incorporate.
- Finally, add the butter, honey, eggs and vinegar and briefly blend for about 10 seconds or until the dough starts to form.
- Lightly grease your hands with coconut oil. Pinch off a small handful of dough and shape into biscuits, using your fingers to form a smooth top and round shape. Place on baking sheet about 3 inches apart, as these biscuits do expand a bit. Repeat the process to form all biscuits. If your dough becomes too sticky, wash and lightly re-oil your hands.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow biscuits to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, so they firm up.
- Best served warm.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!
Hi there! Would it be possible to use maybe an almond flour instead of pulsing the cashews into powder?
Hi Paulina! I haven’t tried this myself, but it may be possible! Unfortunately this recipe is from a book review, and isn’t my own, so I can’t say for sure if it would work 😉 If you do end up trying it, I’d love to know how they turn out!
Brian G says
I made them with 1 cup of cashews ( all that I had on hand) and 2 cups of almond flour and they were delicious. If following SCD, baking powder is not allowed but I guess it’s allowed for just Paleo? These were absolutely delicious! Thanks